Instanced small team combat. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going where no fan site has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-18, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MgFalcon
Captain

Re: Instanced small team combat.

Originally Posted by ShowNoMercy View Post
Screw ALLLL instances, if you want outfit vs outfit shit make a continent where your only allegiance is to you outfit. All bases captured would belong to your outfit and your outfit would be the only ones experiencing the resource benefits from it. There you go, problem solved, we get a cont specifically for outfit fighting, massive nature is preserved, and stupid lame ass instances can stay out of PS2. Call me Henry Clay.
Good call, Sir. I forgot this part was in the title, and thusly forgot to address this. I like your idea on Continent: Outfit... creamed my pants
Old 2011-07-18, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

Hell no! If this game was instanced it would be awful.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-18, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Worst idea since the jump-to-conclusions mat.

Horrible idea.
Old 2011-07-18, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

No, No, never, ever, no, nope.

And if, then ONLY for special events like outfit wars, NOT at all times!
Old 2011-07-18, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
xcel
Corporal

I can't believe this is up for debate....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 2011-07-18, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I think this should exist...But ONLY for competitions, they did outfit wars and the like and they were rather successful
This is exactly what I was thinking. BUT... it's Planetside.

The only reason I can see putting in an instanced battleground is for squad or outfit competition. How can we achieve this ending goal in a different way? Simply coordinating between squads/outfits, scheduling, planning, and the people to "run it".

"But I don't want to get interrupted or bothered" again.... it's PLANETSIDE

What could help remedy this whole thing is something like a bi-monthly tournament that SOE could run. Do teams of 5,20,100, for different objectives and terrain. Maybe a continent or island is blocked off for a few days to run it.

I really wanna see more events in general. SOE needs to interact with the community in game, not just on forums.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-07-18, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SKYeXile
Major General

yea if you wanted instanced battles play COD or BF, this in a MMOFPS, why would you want to demassify it?

comps is fine, outfit wars was wicked fun, but i would not want to see it as a metagame or anything.

Instance battlesgrounds in everygame i have seen them in ALWAYS detracts from world pvp, the incentives to not hunt for kills and que and do instanced battles generaly reaps better rewards than open world pvp. because of xp or kills per hour, as usual people take the path of least restance to GLORY! and even if SOE can work around that mindset, any player logging into doing instanced pvp is taken away from doing world pvp.
Old 2011-07-18, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
any player logging into doing instanced pvp is taken away from doing world pvp.
^ this

can we close the thread now?
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-18, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

wow..

Now I know how Tool felt in the other thread.

Nobody wants Global Agenda, Nobody wants COD, BF etc.

Some of you people need to really open your eyes and READ.

It's very simple really and I'll spell it out one more time so you guys can read it this time around.

In PlanetSide, they had an "Outfit Wars" event which was a total success and a blast for those involved. But it was very hard for SOE to organize this because there was no place for it.

Something like this, which requires admin intervention would be a good idea when they do those events again.

Or keep your eyes closed and respond the same way everyone has seemed to when they don't like something the past few days. Mention some other game that is not PlanetSide and write it off.

There should NOT BE INSTANCED COMBAT that players can drop into anytime they want. That I agree, but there should be an admin method to get players into one area for an event such as Outfit Wars or Duels which they also had an event for.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2011-07-18 at 10:27 PM.
Old 2011-07-18, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

id sooner take a shot in the ass, and use stagnate water from the everglades to wash it out before trying to remove it with two rusty nails wielded by a nurse who flunked med school and currently has possibly the worst cold ive ever seen in the back of a pickup truck in the middle of a traffic jam then i would say instanced zones for small combat in a game based around the idea of open world largest scale combat in any game ever was a good idea.

Edit: to Hamma, i see what you mean, the problem is, that isnt the aim of ps, it wasnt the aim of ps1 and it isnt the aim of ps2. ps is aimed at massive scale combat. now i get there were events for this, and eventually they did have an area for this, and thats fine and all.

but if your asking me when i think it should be concidered a "feature" it says to me its everything they stated ps is not. so my answer above may seem like my eyes are closed and i dont care about new things, but thats not it, im simply addressing i think it should not be done.

outfits in PS are like platoons in the real world. they train together, they fight togehter, and both take place amogest all the other platoons. ive always felt that outfit vs outfit matches were silly, because the battelfield series offers better tools for that, with maps designed for it.if SOE designs a place for this to happen, thats taking away from features that the core game could use, they can just as easily reuse any of the conts in the game on a diffrent server to run these things and im fine with that, but dont devote resources to creating something new, until the game is out and sucessful, because everything they do that is not part of the core of what PS is, is taking away from why we are all here in the first place.

Last edited by opticalshadow; 2011-07-18 at 10:34 PM.
Old 2011-07-18, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nevermind...

Chances are if and when they put it in nobody will know about it till they use it (for an event) anyways.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2011-07-18 at 10:32 PM.
Old 2011-07-18, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Traak
Colonel

How about organizing it on a CoD server?
Old 2011-07-19, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
A friend at worked asked me if that would be part of PS2, and I just blinked at him like he was crazy. But he made some good points about making intense combat that could be "better" on one hand then open world fighting.
While your friend evidently hasn't played Planetside if he thinks you need instances for intense combat, I would ask what these "good points" were...

I mean, you make the thread due to them, but yet you don't elaborate on what they are. Obviously people are going to reject it if you don't explain the benefits.
Old 2011-07-19, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Coreldan
Colonel

No.
Old 2011-07-19, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

i didnt read any replys but...

HELL NO! go play [enter generic fps]

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻