Hotdropping - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: SOUL donations are excepted.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-23, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
xASUSx
Private

Re: Hotdropping

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Quadshot was actually nerfed, but it still instagibbed agiles and was still almost as lame as before.

I don't remember that part myself, but it was probably mostly NC complaining about the idea. If that's the reason why they didn't do it, then it further goes to show that whiners had too much influence on development in that game, which is what my main contention has been all along.
ya like your doing now.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

I did, you're just too dense to understand.
Nah, seeing as most of your other arguements were of the "HARPDARP MAK GAEM LIEK QUAKE!" kind.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Moving away from the topic of surge, which is as far as we know rather irrelevant in regards to Planetside 2, TB's Lib video showed that Ejection Seats are now apparently required for bailing.

Making it necessary to choose between bailing and other neat stuff like radars
Old 2012-05-23, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
Moving away from the topic of surge, which is as far as we know rather irrelevant in regards to Planetside 2, TB's Lib video showed that Ejection Seats are now apparently required for bailing.

Good stuff.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Goes to show how little you actually understood of it. Now stop wasting my time, you abject manchild.
Are you busy playing Quake?
Old 2012-05-23, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

If they make vehicles cost enough (not too much, not too little) it should discourage lone wolves from buying a Mosquito/Reaver/Scythe, afterburning to the fight, and bailing. Galaxy and Liberator pilots should not be allowed to bail straight down, but rather an ejection seat that skyrockets them into the air and parachutes them down slowly (preventing fast entry into the fight after a hotdrop/bombing run).
Old 2012-05-23, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
SKYeXile
Major General

It was the worst when they moved through the ceiling, because their hitbox would get clipped, but I'm pretty sure they could have at least added in some piece of code that restricted that.

I played with 100-115ms ping, and I never had more trouble shooting surging warpers than regular ones. Maybe it was way worse for you because you're Aussie.
Ping does not to increase warp. only packet loss, my packets are sent and received at the same rate, they're simply delayed.

I didn't have issues(i had a lasher afterall), im just taking the side of the argument i feel is right and players warping all around the screen is simply wrong. It would have been good if they could have kept the faster pace, including movment speed of PS, buts its not just surge nerfing that lead to a slower paced game. TTK times on everything went up.

reaver, special assault, deci, rexo buff all increased TTK. more defensive weapons including CE and base turrets. Along with the ultimate stalemate machine, the BFR, all this lead to a slower more defensive game, its not just nerfing surge to blame for the lobotimisation of PS1.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-23, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post

no it says for bailing "safely" if you refer to mhigbys previous comments he already said that you can always bail...you will just probably go splat into the ground if you're not a light assault and can use your jetpack to control the landing.

presumably the bail mod gives you dampeners so you can bail from any height at any speed with any class.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-05-23, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
SKYeXile
Major General

Where did I do that then? I've written countless of posts saying exactly what you're saying now dude.
as have I, as have I. *removed*

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...id=88000017990

my last [Mod edit] rant.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-05-24, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
no it says for bailing "safely" if you refer to mhigbys previous comments he already said that you can always bail...you will just probably go splat into the ground if you're not a light assault and can use your jetpack to control the landing.

presumably the bail mod gives you dampeners so you can bail from any height at any speed with any class.
Seems like a fair trade to me.

Fly as an engi and you can repair your aircraft without needing the auto-repair module, but you have to either land, or fly really low to the ground if you want to survive getting out of the aircraft.

Fly as a LA, and you can safely bail without any additional equipment, but you may need to take up a slot with the auto repair module if you want to always have the ability to repair your aircraft.

Infiltrators and medics would have to take both of them (assuming they wanted both of those functionalities available to them).

Better than having all aircraft be automatically given a get out of death free card, just make it an option whith pluses and minuses.

Also, much better to have auto repairing vehicles only be an option and not a standard feature, although there is still plenty of room for it being a horrible feature if the auto-repair isn't balanced properly.
Old 2012-05-24, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Fortress
Sergeant

This thread man.

Just.

Goddammit.

Hey, wonder why the PS1 vets around here are so bitter? It's because the rest of you suck so fucking much that altogether you chucklefucks form the ultimate argument against the existence of a loving God.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

That was eloquent.

Old 2012-05-24, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
That was eloquent.
Yeah, but what did it actually mean?
Old 2012-05-24, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Yeah, but what did it actually mean?
It means he didn't read the whole thing.

Old 2012-05-24, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
It means he didn't read the whole thing.
So "TL;DR, ranted anyway"?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion