BFR mechs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We understand your needs...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-01, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: BFR mechs

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I forgot one of the biggest problems with them that's referenced other than the shield. The size of them. They were 24 feet tall for a single (sometimes 2 person) vehicle. It was very odd for a vehicle design. They were basically a lightning rod for attack at that height. Any feasible mech would really need to be half that. Like 12 feet tall. I think I covered the obvious things already.
"Feasible" isn't a word which has any business in Planetside. It's not meant to be a game depicting what warfare in the future would actually look like. A big mech has never been a smart idea, period. Nobody would ever actually make such a vehicle.

That said, them being lightning rods was the point. That's why they had huge shields. The gunner variants all sucked except for the NC one as its gunner weapon was amazingly accurate and lethal (typical of NC I guess) but when you crouched them their shields made pretty good defensive positions for friendly infantry/vehicles. They were excellent as mobile fortresses of a sort. Honestly if they had removed flight variants they'd not have been so egregiously imbalanced.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions