If Planetside 2 is succesfull who is gonna steal is thunder? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How do I submit quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-02, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Spoof
Corporal

Re: If Planetside 2 is succesfull who is gonna steal is thunder?

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
We're not tourists or newcomers on MMOFPS mountain, this is our hill and we have been and will remain the kings of this hill.
That hill has been held solo for the past nine years. Someone ought to tell those other 'mmofps' usurpers that 64 players doth not an mmo make.

Here's to nine more.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
That hill has been held solo for the past nine years. Someone ought to tell those other 'mmofps' usurpers that 64 players doth not an mmo make.

Here's to nine more.
Amen. 9 years of watching maybe a hundred games list themselves as "mmofps" more than games list themselves as sandbox, and none of them being true. 8v8 and "massive chat rooms" are not massive multiplayer.

I hope you don't get bored of Planetside for the next 10 years Higby, we're holding this one to ya to keep it going strong the whole decade!
Old 2012-06-02, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Heh, if you ask Derek Smart he'll gladly tell you that his MMO "Line of Defense" has already beaten Planetside 2. But I highly doubt that. Planetside 2 looks like it's going to be the best in its genre, unfortunately, there aren't many others to compete with. Wait no, that's a good thing.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Heh, if you ask Derek Smart he'll gladly tell you that his MMO "Line of Defense" has already beaten Planetside 2. But I highly doubt that. Planetside 2 looks like it's going to be the best in its genre, unfortunately, there aren't many others to compete with. Wait no, that's a good thing.
Hmm.. Line of Defence seems like Planetside 2, but with smaller maps but more open, with space. And over 23,000 people per server, thats alot, but how many will Planetside 2 have? I can't remember the exact number.
Old 2012-06-02, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Hmm.. Line of Defence seems like Planetside 2, but with smaller maps but more open, with space. And over 23,000 people per server, thats alot, but how many will Planetside 2 have? I can't remember the exact number.
WOT apparently has he world record for the most people on 1 server, max 30 people per instance. I dont really see how the amount of people on a server is relevent. im sure soe could had 60 more maps on the one server and be all like "LOOK AT US GUYZZZ" but its meaningless unless they're on the same cont.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-02, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
WOT apparently has he world record for the most people on 1 server, max 30 people per instance. I dont really see how the amount of people on a server is relevent. im sure soe could had 60 more maps on the one server and be all like "LOOK AT US GUYZZZ" but its meaningless unless they're on the same cont.
Its like saying. "Look at me! I have 5 million dollars. But my aunt has it."

Unless those server people can actually work up to each other and see each other and interact with each other, then that doesn't count as people being on the same server physically. Or something along those lines. I probably worded it wrong.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
KnightHawk ECID
Corporal

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Yes but only 256 per continent and it looks like worse shooter mechanics than the original planetside
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion