Who's gonna buy stuff in Planetside MarketPlace - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you can read this... you broke the internet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you gonna buy stuff in Planetside 2
Yes Skins and Boosters 139 55.38%
Yes, Only skins tho 47 18.73%
Yes, Only boosters tho 5 1.99%
Never....Whats the point of skins and boosters?Free Forever! 3 1.20%
Not sure....Have to see if the selection is worth buying 47 18.73%
Not sure....Have to see if the game is worth supporting 10 3.98%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-04, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Re: Who's gonna buy stuff in Planetside MarketPlace

I will def. buy boosters because I work a lot and dont really have that much time like I used to. I will also buy some skins if I like them, we will see about that.
As long as the F2P concept is not exploited by SOE I am going to continue to put money in this game. With exploited I mean F2P like in APB for example, where you can buy weapons that are waaay stronger than everything you can unlock for free. Money should buy you time in F2P, not power. And I definitely wanna support a good game that is different from the rest!
Old 2012-06-04, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Like anything else, I'll buy what I enjoy.

I've purchased in EQII... hmm... $10 Siliver membership, a $20 mount, $15 in race unlocks, and some vendor tokens (to sell things). And in FreeRealms, I bought my kids a $35 life time membership, $4.50 a rainbow unicorn (sad and true...), a $3 sprinker and a $3 scarecrow. When you factor in that I've been playing EQII and the kids have been playing FreeRealms for over a year, that's not a lot of money, but it's more than the nothing I would have otherwise spent by not playing the games at all.

Free to play and a streaming client remove the barrier to entry: You get the notion to play? Well, do it! That's a good thing. Then, like anything else, if you see something you like chances are you'll consider buying it. If it feels worth while to you, then you'll actually buy it.

I am sure there will be some vehicle and personal mods that I'll buy. I absolutely WILL buy new ship chassis (visually different, statistically the same as others of their type) if they offer them, because variety is the spice of life!

Basically yes, if they make things I like, I will buy those things. Why wouldn't I?
Old 2012-06-04, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Dartan
Corporal

They should look at Vindictus, I ended up buying a tonne of stuff there without any intention of buying anything when I first started playing.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Depends on the items and the pricing scheme.
If the free/paid currency ratio is crap i'll probably get annoyed then quit.
If they overcharge i'll not buy anything.
If they get it right i'll be looking for double station cash weekends like a hawk and will regularly drop money into the company coffers.

OFC its all dependant on the game crossing the relase line intact and unmutilated.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion