Why not have Events on the Test Server - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For when friends disown you for posting Planetside news on facebook.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-21, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
phungus
Master Sergeant

Why not have Events on the Test Server

The test server is an expensive asset with alot of potential use. Right now it gets none because no one uses it to "play" or even really test combat. I've logged into test a few times and it's just a ghost town.

Throw some events, get people in there and fighting. It's also a great place for Events because it is a "nuetral ground" server.
Old 2013-06-22, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Re: Why not have Events on the Test Server

But what's the point of having events if no XPs are given in the first place?

I think XPs should be awarded for test server participation but not necessarily events, which should be the sole province of the regular server.

Remember, most new items on the test server are not balanced to begin with. Having events being won through the use of unbalanced weapons is not fair nor advisable.

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
The test server is an expensive asset with alot of potential use. Right now it gets none because no one uses it to "play" or even really test combat. I've logged into test a few times and it's just a ghost town.

Throw some events, get people in there and fighting. It's also a great place for Events because it is a "nuetral ground" server.
Old 2013-06-23, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
phungus
Master Sergeant

Re: Why not have Events on the Test Server

I did not mean events like the in game events. I meant developer driven events for players, like the dogfighting tourney Hadar has been putting on. There are so many players who would be interested in and participate in such things, and really valuable testing could get done that way without needing to push everything to live.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion