Should the Enforcer and Sauron be better at AA, or is the Vulcan too good at AA? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The successful strategist seeks battle after the victory has been won
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-09, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Re: Should the Enforcer and Sauron be better at AA, or is the Vulcan too good at AA?

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
So does the enforcer, can't speak about the saron as I haven't played VS in awhile. But Enforcer needs 2 direct hits to kill someone. So it's doable, just not likely.
Saron blows against infantry as well. Three or so shots needed. However afaik it's STILL a better choice than the Photon PPA.

Old 2013-07-09, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Should the Enforcer and Sauron be better at AA, or is the Vulcan too good at AA?

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
Saron blows against infantry as well. Three or so shots needed. However afaik it's STILL a better choice than the Photon PPA.
Takes two direct hits.

The PPA is a much better infantry killer.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-07-09, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Roderick
Corporal

I think the Vulcan is perfect as it is. The cone of fire is bloomed and not direct fire. Every situation I find an enemy ESF is getting shot out of the air by me or my gunner is when we are being dived on for a rocket attack or a low flying Galaxy or Liberator with a bigger hit box.

Honestly, airships should receive a decent amount of damage from it for flying too low or just overall sloppy gameplay. I agree that the enemy counterparts should be brought up to similar standard.
Old 2013-07-09, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
I think the Vulcan is perfect as it is. The cone of fire is bloomed and not direct fire. Every situation I find an enemy ESF is getting shot out of the air by me or my gunner is when we are being dived on for a rocket attack or a low flying Galaxy or Liberator with a bigger hit box.
Vulcan vs ESF is only an issue because only the TR have a weapon that's effective in that way, but I agree it doesn't seem like a problem. Vulcan vs Heavy aircraft we are just going to disagree, ground based MBT secondaries should not be that lethal to slow moving heavy aircraft, period.

Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Honestly, airships should receive a decent amount of damage from it for flying too low or just overall sloppy gameplay. I agree that the enemy counterparts should be brought up to similar standard.
The NC and VS need something like the Vulcan, the problem is only the TR has this option. If the C85 modified gibbed ESFs who got to close that would be one thing, but it doesn't, only the TR can gib ESFs that dive bomb Harrassers and MBTs. I just don't think that's right. I mainly fly ESFs so I'd rather see the Vulcan just nerfed against ESFs, but that's just me being selfish. The game might be better if the C85 shotgun enforcer was an ESF killer at short range, and if the VS had something like this too.

One thing I am certain of though is that it's alot easier to fly my mossy then my sythe or reaver. It's not because of the mosquito, it's because of all the little advantages TR get in the air game, like the striker and the vulcan - it's not minor differences either, the air game is completely different playing as TR or against them. That's just not right, IMO.
Old 2013-07-09, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Micro
Sergeant Major

Yea the Vulcan is at the moment probably the best AA weapon. Gibs ESFs insanely fast.
Old 2013-07-09, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Falcon_br
Captain

After this topic was created I decided to start using the vulcan as anti air.
The bullet speed is not fast enough to anyone use it as an anti air weapon, it must target close range air units, or stationary ones.
Two days ago on phatphingers harasser, we were doing a run, chasing enemy tanks from behind and killing then from a real close range, something the 2 other faction doesn´t need to do with their weapon, the vulcan is better at close range, but not even close as good as the other 2 factions weapons at long range.
I did shot down 3 ESP, but guess what, I shot down 3 scythes, the 3 of them just started hovering above us and started shooting, they were idiot and deserved to die.
Normally I ride on harassers with halberds and I hit esf all the time with then, too bad it is not enough to shot then down, but like with the vulcan, I just hit dumb esf.
I never shot down a reaver with the vulcan because they can´t hover.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-07-09, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sunrock
Major

Well only reason anyone in an ESF get shot down by a Vulcan is because he is stupid... Stop hover in the same level as the Prowler close to it and attack it from more steeper angle and the gunner will never be able to get you in the sight. Stupid players deserves to get humiliated and crushed by there enemies so I have no problem with the Vulcan.

Now both the NC and VS MBT have a allot easier time to shoot down ESF with there main tank gun.... So in the end it balance it out that way..

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-07-09 at 03:50 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion