News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I cant even believe they rejected my first 5 quotes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-17, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Red Ketchup
Private

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Here are some random small details I noticed...

0:08 Weapons and vehicles terminals in the middle of nowhere. (At the bottom of a canyon.) May be there for demo purpose?

His Mosquito carries 2 air-to-air missiles and ~400 cannon rounds. Ammo count is in the middle of the cockpit. He uses his last missile at 0:44.

There's a dot moving around the altimeter. At 0:03 it's in the lower right, at 0:42 it's in the upper right. It's not linked to the compass. At 0:45 he does at 270 degrees left turn yet the dot barely moves.

The ring around the speedometer seems to indicate forward speed, it empties when hovering (0:19). For some reason, when he spawns a new Mosquito at 20:00, the ring is flashing instead, and most of the cockpit isn't working either. (No ammo count, no afterburner bar, no flares signal)

The first Magrider seen (the one destroyed with C4) is labeled "Vehicle [1/2]", one of two seats occupied? I think the player using it is getting out and reentering it to man the AA gun, then getting out and re-entering to move the tank, etc.

A "capture meter" appears around capture point icons when looking directly at them. 2:54, 3:01, 3:03... The meter is colored to show which factions has captured the CP.

At 4:56, the jump pad doesn't launch him far enough to reach the other building. He has to use his jump jet. Same thing at 5:19. Strangely, he seems to have less trouble using jump pads as a MAX (8:45) and Heavy Assault (9:16).

At 5:47, 2 out of 4 resources are at 5000. Later, at 10:30 and 21:26, 3 out of 4 are. Possible resource cap value, or just a placeholder? That would also mean a different cap for "blue triangles".

6:25 The icon for the cloak charge is incorrect, it's the same as for the jump jet. The cloak lasts about 10 seconds.

7:20 Ammo count starts flashing when close to 0, no reloading animation yet. (Does a MAX need them?) 7:52 Ammo count becomes red when even closer to zero.

11:03 - 11:10 Capture points' icons are green squares when held by the other factions, they turn to yellow circles when captured.

The "Facility Defended" message that appears at 11:39 is linked to the bars on the left side of the UI. The message appears when the VS bar is filled. This event causes NC to lose capture points A and B.
NC captures point C at 11:55 and the bars reappear.
There's also a symbol or something on the left end of NC's bar. Capture time bonus from the hexes around this one?

13:22 The Heavy Assault's missile launcher shows the distance to the target that it is acquiring/locked on. Is it because it has a minimum and/or maximum ranges?

15:33 Why is that shield perpendicular to the door frame, unlike the other ones? Alpha build bug or infiltrator hack to let anyone through?

22:43 Something weird happens to the sky. A "fast forward" effect because an admin changed the time?
Old 2012-05-17, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
atone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Health is not regenerating. Shields are. Infantry have both.

Its a compromise solution between the two camps.

he's wounded @ 3:55 regens shields soon after then regenerates health at 4:20
Old 2012-05-17, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Rainfur
Corporal

Originally Posted by KiddParK View Post
I'm going to need a bigger Mumble server... there's just no denying it.
Haha. :P

But yes, this is a great exposure to Planetside 2.
Old 2012-05-17, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by atone View Post

he's wounded @ 3:55 regens shields soon after then regenerates health at 4:20
The healthregen takes so long (~25 seconds) to kick in that it's practically useless in a fight, so you will have to have medics keeping you up in a fight.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-05-17 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
atone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
The healthregen takes so long (~25 seconds) to kick in that it's practically useless in a fight, so you will have to have medics keeping you up in a fight.
possibly, still i prefer medics on the field be a necessity rather than a time saver. beta will sort it out i guess.
Old 2012-05-17, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
There still shouldn't be any health regeneration at all. I'd be ok with it if it was an implant like second wind or regeneration. But not automatically.
Old 2012-05-17, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
Bags
Lieutenant General

Eh, I'd be against it but if it's 25 seconds... who cares. You'd either find a medic or a terminal by then anyway.
Old 2012-05-17, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Zulthus
Colonel

Well, when you think of it that way... as long as there's no strawberry jam.
Old 2012-05-17, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

I assume that the health regen was something for this event.

If you look at the GDC footage, his health never regens; only his shields regen.

Also, now that I think about it, what if he actually HAS an implant that does it on that loadout he was using at the time? I could swear I heard a dev say that an implant might regen health.

Last edited by IceyCold; 2012-05-17 at 10:24 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
Pillar
Private

The tracer fire at night was just perfect. At one point TB says "now imagine this but times fifty.", and it's that image I find so awesome. Just the scenes that are going to play out, we really don't have anything like this in the available video game market.

The jump pads bother me a bit, not because I find them a poor game mechanic, but more because they just don't seem to fit with the rest of the world. I'd also ditch those grav lifts/shoots for an elevator that makes regular trips. But there's not a lot of way's around it, not unless the population is high enough to sustain the turrets on all walls at all times, and that'll never work, because people are going to be where the actions is - if the fight's not the east side, I wager those turrets might sit empty. So people are going to need a way to relocate quickly, either that or just have the game use a tough love idealism and make us hoof it, and if you just didn't have forces on the east side, well you should have planned better. While I'd prefer that from a thematic perspective, I don't know if the game would be better for it. But hey, thats why I just play the game, not build it :P
Old 2012-05-17, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
I assume that the health regen was something for this event.

If you look at the GDC footage, his health never regens; only his shields regen.

Also, now that I think about it, what if he actually HAS an implant that does it on that loadout he was using at the time? I could swear I heard a dev say that an implant might regen health.
PS1 had a regen implant. It was so slow, it was as terrible as the one in the video. IT was like 1 hp per 5 seconds or something.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-17, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by Patek View Post
he did put a few or a couple of c4 down if you watch that part of the vid a little more closely
... and later he hops into a mag with the same guy he just blew up

(also, for those keeping score - 3 clegg kills)
Old 2012-05-17, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
Patek
Private

Post Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
... and later he hops into a mag with the same guy he just blew up

(also, for those keeping score - 3 clegg kills)
good catch there hah
Old 2012-05-17, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
WNxClerve
Private

Amazing vid.

My judgement is still out on the jump pads. Would like to see how to work/interact with them personally though I think if they are only on the battlement towers of a base it should be ok.

I hate an infantry being able to take out a tank solo in Planetside (or a BFR for that mate) and I'll hate it more if it's that much easier in PS2. I hope there's something to balance this and yes I agree the tank stood still too long and yes if it had a gunner it likely wouldn't have happened but it better be something like jacking time to lay that much C4. Tanks should be fought at a distance by infantry and more so in an ambush situation. Running up, knocking on the hull and saying "Thanks for padding my stats bro" just doesn't fit unless they want to do away with vehicles.

Lighting effects are great, hope they work with the 2k worth of carnage they're looking at. All that night work seems to be paying dividends.

Hit boxes looking in good shape.

Don't mind the kill cam, just personal I guess. Gets me revved for a revenge streak

Overall good comments. Don't think anyone should be trying to nerf anything seen yet without giving a try in a real firefight. Beta is going to set the bar for a lot of what this game is going to finish with. At least try it before beating it to a pulp.

Love where all this is headed, still wondering how certs, br, skills and resources will all play out. Keep up the good work SOE. Looking forward to this.
Old 2012-05-17, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
cellinaire
Captain

bioluminescent trees.

F***ing bioluminescent trees. OMG =)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion