Hate tells and you in PS2. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ph34r the penguin
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-01, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Re: Hate tells and you in PS2.

honestly i hardly ever read my chat box in most of ps1..

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-08-01, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Upon seeing this thread I was inspired to go through all of my Xfire screen shots and make a collage of all the hate tells I've accumulated over the years

Please include cross empire chat. I would deeply saddened if people could no longer voice their anger against me when I slay them in game. Please, please, please include cross empire communication.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-08-01, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Azren
Sergeant Major

Hate tells are fun

They also build empire loyality.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

They are delicious.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kur
Corporal

In my brief time there, I received and sent a number of angry tells, a lot of it was banter sometimes it was serious but it was a good way to release pressure.

Last edited by Kur; 2012-08-01 at 10:13 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Coreldan
Colonel

I don't get why someones anger or grief gives enjoyment to some people? I mean, that can't be healthy from a psychological standpoint.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-08-01, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Hate and hacker tells is the only reason to play online video games. There is no better feeling than being called a hacker when you play legitimately. It is the ultimate compliment.

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2012-08-01, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Firearms
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I don't get why someones anger or grief gives enjoyment to some people? I mean, that can't be healthy from a psychological standpoint.
I don't know why either, but it does. Reading chat as some guy whines because you stole their gear is just fun.
Watching a guy rage as he steps round the same corner over, and over, and over.....fun.

Psychologically I have no idea....I laugh when somebody falls over, I generally help if they start to bleed out tho.....
Old 2012-08-01, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firearms View Post
Certainly make it switchable for the fragile types.
I'm not a philosopher like most of the people on here but I do play PVP games for human interaction and calling the baddies childish names is part of that. Much rather call the other side wtfomgn00b or lux0r rather than my own team...
Since my PC was connected to the net I've not played single player...
Children will be childish.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Firearms
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
Children will be childish.
So will ppl my age. But I think that's why I play games.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I don't send hate tells, tho my tells have been confused as hate tells. I usually just want to know what I did wrong lol.

Old 2012-08-01, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kipper
Captain

Never really understood it. There is of course a difference between "friendly rivalry" tells and proper hating... I like to send/receive a congratulations or a friendly, non-offensive insult - I like the social side of online games.

I don't like when people take it too seriously and they start trying to be personal or genuinely offensive... these people need to a) get over it and b) take some medication and they're probably a bit highly strung.

What's worse though, is how the language of online is changing so that stuff doesn't mean what it used to mean. For an old git like me that's just confusing.... When did "noob" stop meaning "hey, I see you're new at this" to become "hey, you suck at this". And when did it make any sense to say "hey, you suck at this" to someone who just killed you, because that logically suggests that the [killed] person doing the calling sucks at it a tiny bit more that the person who did the killing... #logicFail #mentalBreakdown
Old 2012-08-01, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post

It's a game. People feel like you do when they take things too seriously. The same people that don't understand this are the ones that will sling vile insults left and right when they get butthurt.

Games are meant to be won, and if you are doing something that warrants "I hate your guts" from someone, then you are doing something very right.

A NC cloaker ran a zipline to an island nearby and I spotted him while I was sniping at said island. After a minute or two there was never another flash from an zipline leaving that island ergo he must still be there. So I went and found him at the top of some crystals spamming nades at some TR dudes. Shot him with the bolt driver and died to the TR.

He was angry enough to accuse me of hacking when I was just playing the game smart. This makes me happy.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-08-01 at 08:54 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
dafuq
First Sergeant

just ignore it?
im pretty much hardened against this shit

dude, i can upload a few screenshots of my PS3 inbox, u dont want to know how many hate messages i got this year while playing FIFA 12
i need about 2 minutes till im on the bottom of my inbox..
Old 2012-08-01, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
WVoneseven
Corporal

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Upon seeing this thread I was inspired to go through all of my Xfire screen shots and make a collage of all the hate tells I've accumulated over the years

Please include cross empire chat. I would deeply saddened if people could no longer voice their anger against me when I slay them in game. Please, please, please include cross empire communication.
Lol i really want to see the gameplay of all those hate tells :P they all say the same hacks... hmmmmm
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion