How will you play - Competitively or Casually? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I was going to get a Life, but its like a 560 MB download.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Competitive or Casual?
Competitive 155 50.00%
Casual 69 22.26%
Other 86 27.74%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-14, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: How will you play - Competitively or Casually?

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
tro-lolololololol successful.
Stop calling every joke a troll. This is getting annoying. That's even more trolly than actual trolling.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
Casual vs Hardcore in video games is mostly a measurement of time spent playing.

Hardcore players like to think it's a measurement of skill and awesomeness.

It isn't.
So much truth it needs to be quoted twice

Old 2012-06-14, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Stop calling every joke a troll. This is getting annoying. That's even more trolly than actual trolling.
Sorry but on this forum everyone is serious business. "LOL CASUALS" still gets a few feathers ruffled.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
indirect
Staff Sergeant

He's a WoW baby, doesn't actually know what trolling is.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Aurmanite
Captain

Sorry but on this forum everyone is serious business. "LOL CASUALS" still gets a few feathers ruffled.
LOL Feathers
Old 2012-06-14, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Whose? Mine or Aurmanite's? I mean we said what was needed to be said, we could've said it without Prism's post....

But anyway. Competitive play is something I feel I'll be more diverted into, due to (now) being a member of Werner's ehm.. "finest"???

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vexus
Private

Even if I end up being unable to put enough time into it to be considered competitive I'm sure I will be trying to further team goals, capturing/defending points, and trying to help my faction get stuff done. Can I play 8-10 hours a day M-F? No. But I can probably put in a good 2 hours during the week and big days on the weekends. Am I casual because of my amount of playtime? Does my team-focus change that?
Old 2012-06-14, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sirisian
Colonel

I'm probably going to grab a Liberator and just let people gun for me like I did in PS1 and rack up the experience casually. It was relaxing in the first game once you memorized where everyone would be during a battle.

That and sit back and play the game slowly for maximum k/d. Good times.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Are you more of a competitive player, caring more about stats/teamwork and getting shit done, or a casual, more laid-back and just enjoying the game once in a while?

I'm gonna throw in an 'other' option too, because I think I made that sound biased.
Where is the option for COMPULSIVELY like a crack head hittin that rock? I really hope that we get a fair amount of warning so I can schedule some time off for release and live and breath all that is PS2.

Guess I'll just choose other

Old 2012-06-14, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Casually competitive.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Bags
Lieutenant General

How do you play planetside competitively?

I don't think there's gonna be sponsors.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

You see, a support dude can't really competitively play to 100%. But 80/0 killcount for my BF3 chopper gunner on a normal server with normal tickets in what you call a "casual" game session speaks for itself, doesn't it?
Sounds an awful lot like something you're trying to prove?
Old 2012-06-14, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SKYeXile
Major General

omg tards, Hardcore is how you spend your time playing its requires some dedication, yes because you need knowledge and you don't get that by playing for 5 minutes every day, you need to put sometime into the game or be actively reading up on the game.

There are some people who play games for 18 hours a day, they spend their time prancing around doing daily quests, slowy grinding up their mounts or in the case of planetside, sit around in sanc and take screenshots of their zerg outfit in formation. These players arnt hardcore, dispite their playtime.

Hardcore is playing with a purpose and spending your time wisely, I only play PS for about 4-6 hours per night, in that time, i dont stop, i would read some stuff during the day on breaks to confirm I'm running the right loadouts so when i play there is no messing around, there is just killing.

You casuals dont understand the hardcore mindset and never will or perhaps you are more hardcore than you think, you are after all on a pre release game forum, there is nothing casual about that.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-14, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
omg tards, Hardcore is how you spend your time playing its requires some dedication, yes because you need knowledge and you don't get that by playing for 5 minutes every day, you need to put sometime into the game or be actively reading up on the game.

There are some people who play games for 18 hours a day, they spend their time prancing around doing daily quests, slowy grinding up their mounts or in the case of planetside, sit around in sanc and take screenshots of their zerg outfit in formation. These players arnt hardcore, dispite their playtime.

Hardcore is playing with a purpose and spending your time wisely, I only play PS for about 4-6 hours per night, in that time, i dont stop, i would read some stuff during the day on breaks to confirm I'm running the right loadouts so when i play there is no messing around, there is just killing.

You casuals dont understand the hardcore mindset and never will or perhaps you are more hardcore than you think, you are after all on a pre release game forum, there is nothing casual about that.
Hey guys! I'm Hardcore!
Old 2012-06-14, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

I'm going with other because I go through stages when I play video games. When I start off during the day I get really competitive and tryhard, but then as time goes on my effort varies inversely to the point where I'm not playing, I'm just existing.

Edit: [Afterthought] This is just for playing during the day and not in a specific group. If I were to be in a competitive group then I would give it my all.

Last edited by TazmamzaT; 2012-06-14 at 08:03 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion