Hate tells and you in PS2. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The brakes on our hover vehicles work better than Toyota's!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-01, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Re: Hate tells and you in PS2.

well i get some things. for example sometimes players talk to much crap all day long. i enjoy beating them, and i enjoy them crying about it. but the only tells i ever sent were jesting fun between people i fought often.

after playing for so long, you start to reconize other players, even if they are not importent, after years, running into the same vs clan or player time after time, you almost kinda of know each other. one of my best relatioships i started in planetside was with an NC, i backstabed him maybe 50 times within a few months, he killed me a bunch to. eventually we started to reconize each other and it became almost like a game, who could find who first, and kill them.

we never talked outside of PS, but we sent tells all the time in game, some times "hate tells" realyl arnt all that hateful

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-08-01, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by WVoneseven View Post
Lol i really want to see the gameplay of all those hate tells :P they all say the same hacks... hmmmmm
Circa 2009-2011 Planetside, there was a huge uprising in hacks. Hackers were very prevalent due to trial accounts and it was almost a daily occurance to see a hacker online wrecking havok. People in turn became a whole lot more paranoid. They'd call you a hacker over the stupidest things sometimes like get bombed by a Lib or being run over by a tank..."FUCKING COF HACKER"

There's also a whole lot of angry people that play PS.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-08-01, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Didn't do it in PS1 or any other game. It's childish and naive.
This.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-08-01, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
ringring
Contributor
General

I never sent them and I hardly ever received them.

The nearest to anything I sent was a smipey to one of the better NC when he died to my CE trap on an otherwise empty Naum. He took it in the right way.

Last edited by ringring; 2012-08-01 at 10:38 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
RJTravis
Private

If they add in the option to turn off all enemy msg then sure but they shouldn't force people to read hate speech 99% of it will just be "you hacker omfg im reporting you, skilless bla ima kill you bla bla no one should be forced to hear that crap.
Old 2012-08-01, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hosp
First Sergeant

PS1, mostly got h8 from cloakers that weren't very good at being cloakers. Especially considering my most used weapon is the Bolt Driver.

"Howd you know i was there haxor!" CUD, or Interlink etc.
"Howd you see me running a mile away haxor!" You were running.
"Howd you know i was on that wall haxor!" Tracers work both ways.
"Howd you see me from in that vehicle!" You can drive with DL on (albeit not well).
"Howd you hit me i was behind (insert object)!" Headshot or toeshot, 1 Hitbox means you stuck out a bit.

I don't know what PS2 will bring due to certs and weapon combinations being unknown. But I still foresee much of the same with the added hate tells about head-shots and accusations of auto-aim.
Old 2012-08-01, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
fod
Master Sergeant

never sent a hate tell (its only a game - why get angry over a game lol) but i have sent a few "thats a good one" messages
even recently i got jacked completely out of my mag and shot with my own tank so i sent him a tell saying "nice jack - you got me good "

Last edited by fod; 2012-08-01 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Crator
Major General

Gotta love the "You Haxor!" tells after killing someone. Especially since I've never hacked before...

Had one guy tell me that and I told him I never have hacked. He said anyone who kills him is a hacker... :LOL:
Old 2012-08-01, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Raymac
Brigadier General

I think the hate tells were an important part of building the empire rivalry. Being able to communicate with your enemy directly humanized them that much more. I admit, I would send hate tells, but they were always good natured, and they were always well received. Many times I'd even compliment a player on a good kill especially in a dogfight, but let them know that I'd be looking for my revenge.

Judging by the attitude the head devs have for ribbing each other, I'd expect cross-empire communication to stay in the game.

Old 2012-08-01, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Gotta love the "You Haxor!" tells after killing someone. Especially since I've never hacked before...

Had one guy tell me that and I told him I never have hacked. He said anyone who kills him is a hacker... :LOL:
At least he's honest.

I just give out hugs to all my haters. I also tell them they can add me to their friend's list if they ever need a shoulder to cry on.

We'll get through this....together.
Old 2012-08-01, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

It how the empire CR5s gather spies <cough*> I meen sources from other empires.
Old 2012-08-01, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hexabus
Private

The way I look at it, if you didn't get a hate tell today, you didn't do your job
Old 2012-08-01, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
caffienatedjedi
Private

Hate tells and being called a hacker are the two biggest compliments you can receive. It means you are doing what you are doing well. Sadly not a PS1 vet, but my experiences in gaming have gotten me many hate tells and hacker accusations. Whenever I receive one, I take it just as well as when a friendly compliments my shooting or similar.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Arcsilver
Private

Reminds me of WoW when i would gank on my rogue the horde would actually TAKE THEIR TIME to make an alliance character JUST to whisper me a hate tell....
Old 2012-08-01, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
LightningDriver
Corporal

Hate tells are a waste of time to read, and a waste of time to send. I have been gaming for a long time now, and admit, at one point, I took games way too seriously, but that stopped 15 years ago, the same time that the current generation of hate-tellers were born.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion