Which cont is whose homecont? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is evil admin
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Combination
I - TR | E - NC | A - VS 10 18.52%
I - VS | E - TR | A - NC 1 1.85%
I - NC | E - VS | A - TR 8 14.81%
I - TR | E - VS | A - NC 20 37.04%
I - VS | E - NC | A - TR 5 9.26%
I - NC | E - TR | A - VS 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-26, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Which cont is whose homecont?

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
There will always be doubleteaming regardless of uncaps. It will always be beneficial to team against an empire as opposed to being teamed against, it is impossible to have all three empires fighting all three empires simultaneously and evenly, it just won't happen.
Girru-Hanish-Irkalla, ever heard of it?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ait'al
Contributor
General

What about no home bases and something more complex. You make your own home bases like they started to do in PS1 before they chickened out. A home base is nothing but a coordination spot. That has nothing to do with game mechanics. It's a player run thing by nature. Stick with that.

if you really want to remove sanc lock type situations etc. At minimum make gates only a convenience. Make across water travel possible. No cont loading barriers. Just one large planet! It takes longer but sneak attacks. This idea is more conducive the closer you are to 1:1 scale terrain though. Unless the terrain is traditionally scaled to the appropriate Araxis from the fiction.

In this scenario fast travel has it's proper strategic use! But is only optional and chosen per the situation or choice of the people involved.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2012-03-26 at 04:06 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Graywolves
General

IT WILL ALL BE RED!
Old 2012-03-26, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

You won't get an inch of Esamir.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Atheosim
Captain

Indar belongs to NC because it's an excellent place for strip mining, Amerish belongs to TR because it's an excellent place to set up a prosperous colony, and Esamir belongs to VS because ancient Vanu artifacts may be found deep beneath the ice.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-26, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Per the awesome Reddit Q&A (thanks Matt!!), we know that...

1) continents have different resource abundencies
2) empires may use different resources for different things
3) Resource deposits are currently static (though they expressed a desire to have some amount of randomness here)

And from looking at the map of Indar we can see...
4) Each foothold has vast geographical differences.

In the absence of any sort of foothold rotation that ensures each empire fights from each direaction against the other two, the deciding factor on which continents the empires favor enough to call "home" is likely going to fall back on these factors.

- Is the empire more or less effective on low or high resources than the other empires?
- Are the correct resources next to our empire's foothold to wage effective war?
- Is the geography around our foothold favorable to us?
- Is the geography favorable for us to attack or unfavorable for the other empires to defend?

In other words, the "home" continent will likely reflect how effective an empire is based on geographical location and resource access. It could be that the rocky canyons around the TR foothold make it easy for the TR to entrench and defend their turf, but the rolling hills of the NC are make it easy to control, and therefore we see a lot of TR who consider Indar their home becuase they are effective on it. Likewise Vanu might favor a swamp continent because their magriders function better over shallow water than the other tanks.

If the footholds rotate then I don't think any empire would have time to recognize a geographical favoring of one continent vs another and spread a culture of "this is our home" before the foothold rotated again and unseated that idea.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
NC calls dibs on Esamir.
You can call dibs on whatever you want, but don't expect that to stop the Republic from forcefully and justly seizing it from you.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

By definition there are no home continents lol. The only thing that made them a home cont was a direct warpgate link to your sanctuary.

Since there are no sanctuaries, and every empire has a foothold on each cont, there just is no home continent.

Even if you don't agree and lets say there are "Home Continents". What is it other then a label?

Edit: I very much loved Home conts in PS1, and like the idea of them. I just don't think they fit in the mechanics released thus far
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-03-26 at 10:02 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
By definition there are no home continents lol. The only thing that made them a home cont was a direct warpgate link to your sanctuary.

Since there are no sanctuaries, and every empire has a foothold on each cont, there just is no home continent.

Even if you don't agree and lets say there are "Home Continents". What is it other then a label?
Kindly exit the thread.

Edit: Before anybody gets offended, it was definitely a joke

Last edited by Atheosim; 2012-03-26 at 08:42 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
cellinaire
Captain

Higby said Indar is the biggest cont for now. So I'd say, VS for Indar =)
Old 2012-03-27, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Truemedic View Post
Just make Hossin... And I'll play forever
Make Cyssor and you won't need other conts :P

Epic Leza siege 2.0
Old 2012-03-27, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
polywomple
Staff Sergeant

Amerish is totally a NC cont, full of freedom, and flowers
Old 2012-03-27, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Furber
First Sergeant

Not sure why, but I always sort of felt like: TR - Desert, NC - Forest, VS - Snow. Dunno why, just seems right in my mind.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
Not sure why, but I always sort of felt like: TR - Desert, NC - Forest, VS - Snow. Dunno why, just seems right in my mind.
I don't see why. The TR are colonists, so why would they choose a continent so inhospitable for colonization? I think the NC would be drawn to a continent like Indar due to the strip mining possibilities.
Old 2012-03-27, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Canaris
Contributor
General

Auraxis and everything in or around it is the property of the Terran Republic, it says so right here <

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion