Gun Control - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote will self destruct in ten seconds.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-07, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #226
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Gun Control

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
The answer is to give children guns. When literally everyone has a gun, nobody will need the police anymore and nobody ever will get shot.
Toddlers should have a variant they can suck on so it is still save.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-07, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #228
Figment
Lieutenant General

Then you must be the Overlord of Reeds.

Make that Warlord of Reeds.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Same 6 motherfuckers arguing ad nauseum in these threads.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
gufftroad
Corporal

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post

Same 6 motherfuckers arguing ad nauseum in these threads.
that's why i stepped out and bought 2 new guns instead of continuing this got a savage 6a for $75 and a bushmaster AR-15 kit with Monsterman grips so i can use 30rnd mags here in CA
Old 2012-08-09, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #231
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Image macros are stupid.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I expected nothing less from the Lords of Straw.
Well prepare to be surprised, because I was just about to write words at you which would no doubt change your mind about gun rights.

To begin with,

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-08-09 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2012-08-14, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Civilians should of course be able to own firearms. Even so, I honestly don't see why they would, as you said, need military assault rifles and .50 caliber weapons. I'm not sure why they're on sale.

I'm not trying to say I want them to restrict gun sales or anything, but do you really need that M16, or that M249? I just think it's a little silly that those kinds of weapons are available to the public.

I own a M9 myself just in case, absolutely no need for anything larger myself.
USAS 12 lol
Old 2012-08-14, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #233
Figment
Lieutenant General

This is a list since 2005... USA only. It contains 62 pages of mass shooting summaries...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...-shootings.pdf

*dares you to read it to the end without rolling your eyes after the first alinea and going "tl;dr, but mah gunrights and Norway had this one incident since world war 2!!"

(which btw, according to report released this week could have been prevented completely if the special services had taken him serious, if the police had listened to a tip that revealed his van's license plate before he had left Oslo and if the police had used the helicopter to arrive faster instead of traveling by car, waiting and taking the boat to the wrong island...)

Last edited by Figment; 2012-08-14 at 07:41 PM.
Old 2012-08-15, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
USAS 12 lol
There is no situation a civilian could find themselves in where a weapon like that would be necessary. If you really own an automatic shotgun, at least cop to the fact that you own it because you think it's cool and it makes you feel powerful.
Old 2012-08-15, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #235
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
There is no situation a civilian could find themselves in where a weapon like that would be necessary. If you really own an automatic shotgun, at least cop to the fact that you own it because you think it's cool and it makes you feel powerful.
I can think of a situation where a civilian would find that necessary: home invasion by multiple armed assailants.
Old 2012-08-15, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #236
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I can think of a situation where a civilian would find that necessary: home invasion by multiple armed assailants.
What about post apocalyptic zombie epidemic? An undead islamic army lead by Khadaffi and Saddam Hussein? Or invasion of aliens from Area 51, hunting armed Big Foots? Or when Superman is ill and can't protect the earth from mutants? Or ethnic cleansing or shooting at rival gangs or robbing a bank, killing mobs of innocents, oh wait... That wouldn't be done by all those nice, responsible people, ehr...
Old 2012-08-15, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #237
Hamma
PSU Admin

As has been said about 30 times in this thread you will never understand.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-15, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #238
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
What about post apocalyptic zombie epidemic? An undead islamic army lead by Khadaffi and Saddam Hussein? Or invasion of aliens from Area 51, hunting armed Big Foots? Or when Superman is ill and can't protect the earth from mutants? Or ethnic cleansing or shooting at rival gangs or robbing a bank, killing mobs of innocents, oh wait... That wouldn't be done by all those nice, responsible people, ehr...
I'm sure you have a point, and I'm sure eventually you'll fucking get to it. Unfortunately, I don't have time to sit here waiting for it as I'm due for a twelve-hour shift today and tonight I have video-gaming to do when I get home. So I'll check back in tomorrow morning in hopes that you've cut the sarcastic horse shit and made a coherent point as a rebuttal to what you quoted.
Old 2012-08-15, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #239
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Those who have never had a right cannot understand the position of those that do have that right. You can argue numbers, statistics, and insult the opposition all you want. At the end of the day, I still have the right to my guns and I'll still protect that right as fiercely as I protect my other rights.

Old 2012-08-15, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #240
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'm not sure I buy it. I mean that sounds like a situation more likely to be found in a movie than in real life. I mean why would you need an automatic shotgun? Would a semi-automatic handgun not do the trick? Did a Mexican drug cartel put out a hit on you, a la Scarface? Does this sort of thing happen often?

I just don't think our homes are being invaded by squads of heavily armed assailants in a high enough frequency to justify people arming themselves in preparation for it. I imagine a handgun would do the trick. Unless you're Miami's most notorious drug kingpin.

As has been said about 30 times in this thread you will never understand.
Why will I 'never' understand? Please explain to me why I'm incapable of learning this. I love hearing things about myself when explained by people who have never met me and don't know anything I don't personally tell them.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum