Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome" - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The page is down there.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-03, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Re: Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
I don't see anyone crying except for The Enclave here; this thread is full of defensive posts from its members trying to justify their actions.

I have never been associated with TE in any way shape or form.

BUT.....

Originally Posted by Evelyn Beatrice Hall
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
And I dont think Smedley has the right to keep someone from playing his game based on difference of opinion or beliefs or actions outside the game. Truly, if you go back and read his words, I think he makes a point to draw that distinction. Otherwise, if he were allowed to do that...there'd be a whole bus load of racists that would just love to be able to conduct business in that manner.

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Buzz reply is a day old.

Nobody is digging old stuff up. We just show that a whole bunch of your outfit is a bunch of ******* for plenty of years now, and you clearly havent changed in the slightest.

Interesting....this being said about TE.......in this thread of all threads....and by a moderator none the less..........

I'm not sure...would that be irony or hypocrisy.....I have trouble telling the two apart at times.

Last edited by ziegler; 2012-09-03 at 10:59 AM.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
I have never been associated with TE in any way shape or form.

BUT.....

And I dont think Smedley has the right to keep someone from playing his game based on difference of opinion or beliefs or actions outside the game. Truly, if you go back and read his words, I think he makes a point to draw that distinction. Otherwise, if he were allowed to do that...there'd be a whole bus load of racists that would just love to be able to conduct business in that manner.
He really is allowed to do whatever he wants in regards to whom he lets into his game.

In the same way that The Enclave is able to reject or deny anyone based upon race, religion, sexual orientation, etc, Smed and SOE are able to reject or deny anyone based upon if they're a douchebag or not.

Now, they may choose not to act upon what happens out of their game, but there's no law against them banning from their product whomever they want for whatever reason they want.

That's my point.

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
Get over it.
Go vote for Obama, care bear.
You mad? I know, it must really piss you off that I voted a black man into office.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2012-09-03 at 11:07 AM.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

We just show that a whole bunch of your outfit is a bunch of ******* for plenty of years now...
You sound like a homophobe to me. Do you even know what you are arguing about? Or are you just bitching because that's what everyone else is doing?
Old 2012-09-03, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Now, they may choose not to act upon what happens out of their game, but there's no law against them banning from their product whomever they want for whatever reason they want.

That's my point.
You are mistaken is what I am saying.

Let me make it so that it is much clearer......

What if Smedley wanted to ban all Blacks and Homosexauls from his game?............

There are laws that prevent him, as a business, from discriminating ...the Enclave, a private organization, can discriminate in any way it wants. A business does NOT have that right though.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

You are mistaken is what I am saying.

Let me make it so that it is much clearer......

What if Smedley wanted to ban all Blacks and Homosexauls from his game?............

There are laws that prevent him, as a business, from discriminating ...the Enclave, a private organization, can discriminate in any way it wants. A business does NOT have that right though.
This is true, but fortunately there's no law against banning bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites, and general jerks from their game.

Old 2012-09-03, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Stormhall

This is what I think of this thread:

Old 2012-09-03, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Natir
Sergeant

Re: Smedley: "Bigots, homophones, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome

Lets make this clear for you:

Its clear that you got a clue how to play organized, and its good that way. Thats not the problem. It has absolutly nothing to do with the issue.

The issue is how you behave. In short, you are fucktarts and everyone hates you. Why? Because you folks are propably the most racist community i have ever seen in a game. And THAT is the problem. You may see it as dark humor, but it doesnt matter how you see it, but how everyone else sees it.
Nobody gives a damn how you behave inside your forums or on your TS, but its get problematic when you behave the same way in a public area (yes, your public section of your forums are a public area, as everyone can see them). You make yourself look like absolut idiots. Heck, you bombed a frigging funeral.

This is what you get. Enjoy it. It wont end unless you stop being fools.
You have a meeting today, dont you? I suggest you figure out that you need to STFU very quickly, then maybe your reputation changes from being a bunch of assholes to one of a good, organized outfit.
We won't change anytime soon. Read Buzz's statement, its public so I would have assumed you read it already, you can't take your eyes off our site! The problem you have here is simple, people do not like what words are used on our own forums. A judge would say, then do not go to their website. With how many billions of web pages out there, there are many choices of places to spend your time. The best part of all, we don't do it in-game and you won't see us doing it in PS2 or on their forums. So, in reality, who is trying to disrupt the SOE community? You!

I am going to go off on a little rant here. I looked at who posted this here, someone from BWC, an outfit that is clearly a rival and someone we have openly made fun of. Same thing goes with a majority of the negative comments here are from members in 666 Devil Dogs and members in TRG. Hamma already doesn't like us so it is fairly reasonable to see him posting. Now, since these outfits dislike us and the best part of all, who violated SOE's forum guidelines when posting spam in our recruitment thread? Not us, you! I do not want to go off and say someone from one of these organizations was the source of the Reddit post but it is a thought in the back of my mind. At the end of the day though, it is okay to dislike someone.

When did the Reddit post happen? After TotalBiscuit featured us at PAX on the live screen and uploaded the video to YouTube mentioning us. Not before this happened, after. Someone clearly didn't like seeing us get our 15 minutes of fame.

In life, you will find MANY people you disagree with and hate. If you consume yourself with hating us, your life is more than likely pretty negative and you have nothing better to do. For us, this has opened us up to so many new recruits it isn't even funny. Are we a PC friendly outfit? Hell no and we will never be. Don't like it? Too bad! You want to get rid of us? Good luck and have fun trying! All these things you do is just gives us more publicity. We will become way more famous than any of your outfits and for what, because someone didn't like us. In our country of America, free speech is something that is valued, free speech carries over to a lot of things. Free speech includes saying what ever you want on your own forum and your own Teamspeak server. Try and deny it but you cannot. You dislike us for doing that? Maybe you should filter our website with your parental controls that are already in place.

You mad? I know, it must really piss you off that I voted a black man into office.
And to conclude this, I voted for Obama.

Last edited by Natir; 2012-09-03 at 11:14 AM.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
ziegler
Master Sergeant

This is true, but fortunately there's no law against banning bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites, and general jerks from their game.
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-12/u...ights?_s=PM:US

A similar request in Missouri set off a legal battle that stretched for years and went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. A Ku Klux Klan chapter there sought to adopt a portion of Interstate 55. A federal appeals court ruled the state could not bar the KKK from participating in the program, and the high court declined to review the case, letting that ruling stand.

If they ban them or not allow them to play for their actions outside of the game, they are asking to be sued for discrimination. Can they watch them like a hawk and ban them for the slightest ingame infraction...sure can. But they cant say....we dont like your beliefs, so we arent going to let you play.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Clearly The Enclave have succeeded in what they set out to do. This thread is proof enough, even without Smedlonious Maximus' statement.

Old 2012-09-03, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Stormhall

And to conclude this, I voted for Obama.
Yeah you voted some liberal dipshit and now look at America. Man I should be voted ruler of this world and I don't care if your black, white, asian, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, transexual, hermaphrodite, stupid, smart, jerk, cool, pretty, ugly, hot, cold or anything else you will all be my slaves!!! And I decree that you should all go fuck yourselves it's the bloody law now.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Good, ban every single one of them from the game. I don't care if an organized crew is good. If they're going to treat players like shit, give them the swing of the banhammer. Other people will go and take their place.

If I see one racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever comment on any of my servers that's an instant ban. I don't care what your KDR is. I don't care if your friends think you're cool. Enjoy your ban and go play on another server.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-12/u...ights?_s=PM:US

A similar request in Missouri set off a legal battle that stretched for years and went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. A Ku Klux Klan chapter there sought to adopt a portion of Interstate 55. A federal appeals court ruled the state could not bar the KKK from participating in the program, and the high court declined to review the case, letting that ruling stand.

If they ban them or not allow them to play for their actions outside of the game, they are asking to be sued for discrimination. Can they watch them like a hawk and ban them for the slightest ingame infraction...sure can. But they cant say....we dont like your beliefs, so we arent going to let you play.
That's totally different, apples and oranges. SOE has every right to ban hateful people from their games. Sorry, but hatred for another race or religion isn't a recognized and protected right.

Old 2012-09-03, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
ArcIyte
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PoisonTaco View Post
Good, ban every single one of them from the game. I don't care if an organized crew is good. If they're going to treat players like shit, give them the swing of the banhammer. Other people will go and take their place.

If I see one racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever comment on any of my servers that's an instant ban. I don't care what your KDR is. I don't care if your friends think you're cool. Enjoy your ban and go play on another server.
...We just show that a whole bunch of your outfit is a bunch of ******* for plenty of years now, and you clearly havent changed in the slightest.
Loving the double standards around here.

I guess it's ok to use offensive language when it's used against The Enclave.

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
Old 2012-09-03, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
Loving the double standards around here.

I guess it's ok to use offensive language when it's used against The Enclave.
I guess it's okay for your outfit to use offensive language when others want to play with you.

By the way, I'm not basti.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
Hamma
PSU Admin

This thread has officially run it's course. I support Smed, and SOE's stance 110%.

I've allowed Enclaves recruitment threads to continue here on PlanetSide Universe when I could have easily removed it and every one of your members from this website. You don't deserve to see the light of day or recruit more members into your ranks. This thread is a prime example of why I worked to keep your recruitment threads clean.

You can try every possible way you want to justify your actions but it does not matter. You can try and act like we are internet goodie two shoes all you want, you will be the same. Just because you have people of different races and colors in your outfit and find it "Funny" to post racial slurs and belittle potential recruits to your ranks doesn't mean it's ok and it doesn't mean the community will accept it. I've also seen the statement that not everyone in the Enclave is like this.. well I've got news for you: You are only as good as your outfit leadership and perception.

You can be an amazing organized outfit without the need for insulting and belittling members. You can be an amazing organized outfit without trying so hard at the internet shock factor.

Just know this: I won't allow it here. If you want to keep your recruitment thread here continue to keep it civil and respectful. Don't post your recruitment videos laced with racism "for the lulz" because it's not funny nor acceptable. I will deal with my moderators using inappropriate language.

We have internet anonymity and extreme narcissism to thank for this outfit. Sadly it's the norm nowadays on the internet. I will never respect anything you do or how much organization you bring field because you do it at others expense. Enjoy your "Internet Fame" since it's exactly what you were looking for.

Just remember, it's really easy to become famous for the wrong reasons. If that's the type of fame you want congratulations on your failure.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-09-03 at 11:53 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion