Question - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More nerds than you can shake a stick at!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-31, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Re: Question

In regards to killing Maxes with Decimators (AV) it comes down to "exposure time." To attack a MAX head on with a Heavy Assault weapon means allot of time exposed to your target, and your target has a much more bad-ass gun. With a decimator, the tactic is to "pop-out" from behind cover, aim, fire, and return to cover as quickly as possible therefore reducing "exposure time."
Old 2012-07-31, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

as far as av weapons against infantry, it generally didnt do much. the deci at diffrent points in the patch cycle could really hurt, but it was a pretty bad use of resources even then.

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-07-31, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Eyeklops View Post
In regards to killing Maxes with Decimators (AV) it comes down to "exposure time." To attack a MAX head on with a Heavy Assault weapon means allot of time exposed to your target, and your target has a much more bad-ass gun. With a decimator, the tactic is to "pop-out" from behind cover, aim, fire, and return to cover as quickly as possible therefore reducing "exposure time."
what this dude said. dont just stand there and strafe the dude, give ur shields time to regen and engage.
Old 2012-07-31, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gugabalog
Major

That's common sense (unlike CoDsense). But I was wondering about the effectiveness of various weapon designs against unintended targets. I.E. launchers vs infantry or AA against the same.

Seems like AA would shred inf, but do far less to armor than it does aircraft since air is so lightly armored.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
That's common sense (unlike CoDsense). But I was wondering about the effectiveness of various weapon designs against unintended targets. I.E. launchers vs infantry or AA against the same.

Seems like AA would shred inf, but do far less to armor than it does aircraft since air is so lightly armored.
This would make sense, and this is where PS1 didn't make sense. I don't have a reference, but I think higby said "Infantry won't be able to take an rpg to the face and live like they did in PS1"...or something like that.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
PeterJoshua
Private

How effective is having two flamethrowers on a MAX?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion