Slow-mo finishing blow Killcam? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-09, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Slow-mo finishing blow Killcam?

I want a skyrim or fallout like finishing blow kill cam...

Imagine getting stabbed by a cloaker in slow motion

Or watching yourself get riddled in slow motion by bullets from an MCG.

Or rag dolling as a tank round or grenade detonates under your legs.

My .02 cents.....

If they end up implementing any sort of killcam is needs to be SHORT and sweet, or none at all. It should show you just enough to give you the general GIST of how you died, but not enough to show every last detail of your killer. And it should ABSOLUTELY NOT show events AFTER your death, to prevent people from reporting the killers every move while you wait to respawn. It should only show the few critical second(s) up to your death, and that's about it, if anything.

Added from later posts:

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
It will be a screen showing the person who killed you in some kind of stats screen rather than in the game world. At least that's what Higby described recently
I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it'd be neat to see how you died instead of looking up at a chat screen to see what finished you. It would be more entertaining to see your character dying to that last hit in slow mo - because we all know slow mo makes everything better. And read hamma's above post on what Higby said. The stat's screen thing isn't all that bad and perhaps there will be ways for you to taunt through it too (good idea for station cash Higby - hint hint). A combination of the slow mo final shot, with the stats screen popping up immediately after, would be pretty damn cool.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2012-04-11 at 12:09 AM.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Slow-mo finishing blow Killcam?

And a slow-mo "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-09, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
And a slow-mo "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
Old 2012-04-09, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Jooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssssssss eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-04-09 at 06:01 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
What in the fuck?
Damnit!

You were supposed to string out the name "Jose"!

What is the matter with you?
Old 2012-04-09, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Damnit!

You were supposed to string out the name "Jose"!

What is the matter with you?
Totally did.

@OP: What in the fuck?
Old 2012-04-09, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Totally did.

@OP: What in the fuck?
Heh....I supposed that we can ignore the edit notice on your post now.

Totally.....
Old 2012-04-09, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Heh....I supposed that we can ignore the edit notice on your post now.

Totally.....
Definitely.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

I hate multi-player killcams.
However!

This idea was not worded right.

I do believe the OP means what one would class as a "no info given but showing your death" killcam.

What does this mean?

It would show nothing you already didn't see or hear. It would just be a short, slow mo replay of what happened and you dieing. No third person, no viewing your enemy. just you, being shot/exploded/whatever and blackness.

Hell you could one up that. your moment of death+blackness+no sound as you see your char and ONLY your char die. (aka he slowly falls to the ground or flys up into the air if exploded.)

This can add a VERY high level of immersion via the idea of the "rebirth program" and that "death is bad" by making your char experience its death every time it dies WITHOUT giving any info you didn't already know about what had happened.

Last edited by Forsaken One; 2012-04-09 at 06:49 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

No. BUT!... we will see how Max Payne 3 fairs in multiplayer with its slow down mechanic.

Im sure most peoples opinion is that it will suck, but i cant wait to get Uzi'ed in slow motion off a balcony. It will make my life worth living.

As for planetside, if they have a spawn system with an increasing timer, or something similar. I say yes, give me some functions to amuse myself until i respawn.

Imagine a prince of persia esque rewind system, that allows you to rewind i see where you are shot from and by who. Like an episode or CSI....ENHANCE GRID 225!! It was the cloakerwho did it!! Unique take on kill cam no?

Farcry 3 looks like it has an interesting kill cam, it shows an outline of where you were and where you were shot, and shows the bullet tracer, so you know what went wrong.

PS2 could remove its killcam for launch, and then add a funky VR mode during spawn, that shows your own body in wire frame being shot and the last few seconds. Only information about yourself tho. THOUGHTS!!?
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-09, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Honestly. This has no place in planetside. I suspect your death will feature you zooming out and a slow rotation view of the camera staring down at your corpse just like in PS1. People will stick around, they will probably be able to report info such as where they are/were and how many they can see around the area. This is inevitable, they will also see if any allies are nearby and can revive them.

If there's one thing I like about the class system, it's that medics will stand out like christmas trees.
Old 2012-04-09, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
bbihah
Private

Well Im not for having killcams when you die. I do however know one way to do it in a way that 1) does not reveal your position to your victim and 2) lets you watch it over and over again...

Make a recording system that records the "Kill cam" sequence and stores it on your computer, with the option to turn it off.. ofc. Doesnt let you watch it in real time and there should be a considerable delay between when you can watch it and when you got killed.

Everyone pleased.. You can watch yourself get smoked and learn something from it while your killer unless you saw where he was actually killing you from gets to stay undetected in his position a little bit longer...
Old 2012-04-09, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
cellinaire
Captain

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah !!"
Old 2012-04-09, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Honestly. This has no place in planetside. I suspect your death will feature you zooming out and a slow rotation view of the camera staring down at your corpse just like in PS1. People will stick around, they will probably be able to report info such as where they are/were and how many they can see around the area. This is inevitable, they will also see if any allies are nearby and can revive them.

If there's one thing I like about the class system, it's that medics will stand out like christmas trees.
It will be a screen showing the person who killed you in some kind of stats screen rather than in the game world. At least that's what Higby described recently

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-04-10, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
I hate multi-player killcams.
However!

This idea was not worded right.

I do believe the OP means what one would class as a "no info given but showing your death" killcam.

What does this mean?

It would show nothing you already didn't see or hear. It would just be a short, slow mo replay of what happened and you dieing. No third person, no viewing your enemy. just you, being shot/exploded/whatever and blackness.

Hell you could one up that. your moment of death+blackness+no sound as you see your char and ONLY your char die. (aka he slowly falls to the ground or flys up into the air if exploded.)

This can add a VERY high level of immersion via the idea of the "rebirth program" and that "death is bad" by making your char experience its death every time it dies WITHOUT giving any info you didn't already know about what had happened.
Haha yah that was the point I was trying to make If they show anything it should be short and cut out quickly, and I figured it might be funny to add a little twist to the whole thing. One thing that I enjoyed doing in planetside 1 was taunting people before killing them- so yah, I'd totally abuse such a kill cam in ps2! LOL

Otherwise, I agree there should not be one at all. And it would appear that several people here have already made that clear

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2012-04-10 at 09:41 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion