Defending Bases Against Large Odds. - Fun Memories. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's truck for President!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-02, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Karrade
First Sergeant

Defending Bases Against Large Odds. - Fun Memories.

Yesterday evening 'GMT' reminded me why I loved the TR all those years ago and PS1 in general.

Holding at Bomazi vs 2+ to 1 odds against the VS for most of the fight, a good few hours. Not saying this to brag, as everyone's got the stories, but I remember the old days when many would consider a base hopeless, and a token force would just not give up, yesterday was one of those days. These were always the most satisfying holds for a grunt, at least when everything was pop locked or not in play.

Great BD defense, flag and gen cover, people repairing, hacking, and covering each other. A stubborn refusal to let their zerg in heh. The NC seem good at that these days as well, while the VS seem to take bases quicker. - At least from the last few days play.

It is good to give PS1 a send off like this, much appreciated.

Last edited by Karrade; 2012-07-02 at 04:26 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Defending Bases Against Large Odds. - Fun Memories.

Players whine and cry when facing overwhelming odds, but this has always been the most fun. Nothing like a target rich environment.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-07-02, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
fod
Master Sergeant

i was part of the VS that took amerish the first day then we defended esamir i think it was (a snowy cont) against the odds second day
defending against the greater numbers was pretty awesome and intense.!
Old 2012-07-02, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

I am far from an elite player, but there was a short 10-minute sequence where I single-handedly saved a base by myself. My main was TR Emerald, but I was playing NC Markov this day and I was on Ceryshen. TR had just taken Keelut, and I seem to remember there being a direct link to Pinga in those days (currently the only link is to Tootega). Either way, all the defense zerg went to Tootega and I was literally the only NC in Pinga against three people.

Their first wave I was staring at a equipment terminal; didn't even know TR were there and I got ganked. Two guys went to CC and one went to tubes. I respawn and kill the guy in tubes, kill the hack defender, and then the hacker while he's hacking.

I sit, listen, and wait for wave two from the tower. Idiot TR shoots at nothing in the CY so that I know they're coming, and I hear a Dual Cycler. (thanks for that tasty bit of info!). I decide to grab ScatMax. I meet them in the stairwell and manage to keep the Dual Cycler between the softies and me, with my fat ScatMax ass in a corner. The Dual Cycler gets deci'd by his own guy. Their second deci shots both miss, and I manage to finish them both off. So incredibly lucky; I could have played that sequence over a 1000 times more and I would have died in every one of them.

Wave three comes; they get me no problem and start to run up to the CC when the server crashes. I win.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2012-07-02 at 08:12 AM.
Old 2012-07-04, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Sometimes you're on the receiving end, and sometimes you're on the giving end. It's all fun in the end.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-07-04, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Canaris
Contributor
General

When I first came back to Planetside on the rumors of PS2 when there was a huge up sweep in players, I insant combat to a major siege of a TR owned Gunuku, the NC had us pushed all the way back into the spawn room and had a hack on, we fought out of the spawn room, retook the cc and pushed the NC back into the CY and finally back over the wall.,
While I was cheering at driving off a bigger force I wondered how we managed to break the enemies advance they had seem entrenched, when suddenly tons of plasma and pulsar fire reigned down as the VS force that had suprized attacked the NC from outside now set their sights on the Dropship centre and another major siege ensued, 3 faction chaos factor at its best.
Great times

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion