Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of eMa. The tease.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-27, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Originally Posted by XLynxX View Post
No lol. Maybe paying for extra slots for your outfit would be ok, but to restrict such an important teamwork tool such as outfits by having to pay is just not helpful to the game.

Also for those saying $20 isn't much, that is a pretty heavy amount for creating a outfit on a free to play game. And although some of you might not have noticed, we are in a bad economic situation. If some guy wants to create his own outfit with a friend and form it into what he wants, forcing him to paying $20 or £10 for us UK people would be a pretty tall order and would cause people to not make "fringe" outfits like an all tank outfit or a all aircraft outfit. I sure as hell wouldn't have paid £10 when I started my outfit 5 years ago :P.
All these people paid it:

http://worldoftanks.com/community/cl...=members_count

i dont know how many pages it goes on for one member clans for but i stopped at page 40, the price isnt stopping people.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-27, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
All these people paid it:

http://worldoftanks.com/community/cl...=members_count

i dont know how many pages it goes on for one member clans for but i stopped at page 40, the price isnt stopping people.
Well my guess the Price for a clan in WoT was small? I don't know since I never checked. But good point.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #198
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
Well my guess the Price for a clan in WoT was small? I don't know since I never checked. But good point.
works out to be around $12.00

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-27, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #199
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by megamold View Post
i'm just gonna leave this here

extra credits : microtransactions
Agree with everything he said, paying for a outfit does not split the community, you can still talk and do any and everything with a outfit even if you not in it, this is just saying you have to sub to create one, you do not have to sub to join one, which would split the community.

No lol. Maybe paying for extra slots for your outfit would be ok, but to restrict such an important teamwork tool such as outfits by having to pay is just not helpful to the game.

Also for those saying $20 isn't much, that is a pretty heavy amount for creating a outfit on a free to play game. And although some of you might not have noticed, we are in a bad economic situation. If some guy wants to create his own outfit with a friend and form it into what he wants, forcing him to paying $20 or £10 for us UK people would be a pretty tall order and would cause people to not make "fringe" outfits like an all tank outfit or a all aircraft outfit. I sure as hell wouldn't have paid £10 when I started my outfit 5 years ago :P.
I think that 20.00 USD or 12 GBP, is a tad high to just form a outfit, thats why a sub cost of say 15.00 USD or 9.5 GBP is way more reasonable remember you only need to sub for one month, and then this not only gives you the ability to crate your outfit but also see everything else a sub get you and be able to use it for that month.

Added: for a game thats almost in beta, you would think that the business model would be out by now, makes you wonder why they hiding it and how bad is it going to be, you will find with most games the higher the hype, the bigger they try hike the costs.

Last edited by Nemeses; 2012-06-27 at 06:01 AM.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

I could support it if it was a nominal fee of say $10, but as even that provides a barrier I very much doubt SOE will implement it.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
I could support it if it was a nominal fee of say $10, but as even that provides a barrier I very much doubt SOE will implement it.
Not everyone should have an outfit. A lot of really small outfits wouldnt be condusive to great teamwork. So yes there should be a barrier to creating an Outfit.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Not everyone should have an outfit. A lot of really small outfits wouldnt be condusive to great teamwork. So yes there should be a barrier to creating an Outfit.
Agreed, tired of 4 man guilds, who do nothing but often leech in world PvP.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

would cause people to not make "fringe" outfits like an all tank outfit or a all aircraft outfit.
War Machine is a fringe outfit?

Though I spose we aren't exclusively tanks.

Old 2012-06-27, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

We don't need a million 2 member "special ops" outfits that specialize in solo-ing.
A fee may prevent this.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #205
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Having been playing BL:R recently a fee to start an Outfit in an FPS does a few things; firstly if someone has an Outfit you can assume they no what they're doing. This is different to PS1 because virtually everyone had an Outfit. Next, the zergfits grow FAST! Since an Outfit tag becomes a status symbol and not everyone wants to go through the hassle of paying for one the established groups always have a steady stream of people wanting to join. Finally, it makes groups people think slightly longer about whether they really need an Outfit.

Are any of these things negatives? I'm not sure... Personally I'm not that comfortable about my second observation as it seems to unbalance certain groups through no particular skill or effort of their own. However if this is the way PS2 goes I expect those all to be side-effects.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #206
GrayWave
Private

"2 member outfits" have no less a right to exist than 50-member outfits. If it's just an average person and their roommate, and they're the only ones they know who are interested in PS2, why make playing together uphill and prohibitive for them? Regardless of its success in other games, paying a fee for what the general gaming populace would consider a standard feature in a game that's making a huge deal out of it being free-to-play is frankly a targeted and discriminatory d**k move.
Someone else put it much better earlier -- this should definitely not be a game that's "free-to-play, pay-to-matter." That's a horrible design philosophy in terms of retaining customers and their trust / interest.

I get the feeling that most of the people here are really, really hardcore Planetside players -- basically lifers. They support Planetside so much that they are completely willing to pay out the nose to support their game. This rabid support is causing tunnel vision and is making them unable to walk in the shoes of someone who has just discovered Planetside right before PS2's beta and is excited to play with a handful of friends.

Just because you are in a prominent outfit and want to pay SOE despite not having to doesn't mean everybody else is, and we should NOT place barriers to franchise newcomers.

Last edited by GrayWave; 2012-06-27 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #207
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by GrayWave View Post
I get the feeling that most of the people here are really, really hardcore Planetside players -- basically lifers. They support Planetside so much that they are completely willing to pay out the nose to support their game. This rabid support is causing tunnel vision and is making them unable to walk in the shoes of someone who has just discovered Planetside right before PS2's beta and is excited to play with a handful of friends.
This is a fair point and something I think we can all lose sight of time to time. Everyone reading this forum will pay to create their clan. They'll wear their badge with pride and rep it at any opportunity. Would this idea put more casual gamers off creating their own clan and ultimately loving this game as much as the rest of us? Almost certainly. Is that a good thing? I don't think so.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #208
GrayWave
Private

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
This is a fair point and something I think we can all lose sight of time to time. Everyone reading this forum will pay to create their clan. They'll wear their badge with pride and rep it at any opportunity. Would this idea put more casual gamers off creating their own clan and ultimately loving this game as much as the rest of us? Almost certainly. Is that a good thing? I don't think so.
Thank you, I agree.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #209
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by GrayWave View Post
"2 member outfits" have no less a right to exist than 50-member outfits.
I don't think anyone is truly against smallfits. Just want to discourage creating them due to someone having a power trip complex to satisfy. A common thing surprisingly.

If it's just an average person and their roommate, and they're the only ones they know who are interested in PS2, why make playing together uphill and prohibitive for them?
How is that the case? The price of an outfit doesn't go up because it is smaller... just the opposite I suspect.

Regardless of its success in other games, paying a fee for what the general gaming populace would consider a standard feature in a game that's making a huge deal out of it being free-to-play is frankly a targeted and discriminatory d**k move.
Targeted at whom? Discriminatory toward who?

This rabid support is causing tunnel vision and is making them unable to walk in the shoes of someone who has just discovered Planetside right before PS2's beta and is excited to play with a handful of friends.
You could always bring your posse into an existing outfit. War Machine, as a matter of fact, is investigating the possible benefits to having a Lone Wolf 'division' separate and independent of the primary outfit operation.

Just because you are in a prominent outfit and want to pay SOE despite not having to doesn't mean everybody else is, and we should NOT place barriers to franchise newcomers.
You mean barriers like no box to buy, and no monthly subscription to pay?

The freeloaders already have plenty of game they wouldn't have otherwise. A one time fee to found an outfit is a pittance. If you can't or won't pay it, then you are exactly the kind of person who shouldn't be founding one in the first place.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2012-06-27 at 10:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-27, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I don't think anyone is truly against smallfits. Just want to discourage creating them due to someone having a power trip complex to satisfy. A common thing surprisingly.

«««« Answer : Why discouraging people to play with few friends if this is what they want ? »»»»

How is that the case? The price of an outfit doesn't go up because it is smaller... just the opposite I suspect.

««useless»» People have the rigth to group up for free their is plently of thing thats can be bougt and Vanity stuff is always very popular

Targeted at whom? Discriminatory toward who?

««« Answer : discriminatory agains those who cant pay or will not pay but still want to play the game to give US a better experience because they will be people to shoot at or play with »»»»

You could always bring your posse into an existing outfit. War Machine, as a matter of fact, is investigating the possible benefits to having a Lone Wolf 'division' separate and independent of the primary outfit operation.

««« Answer : Big outfit dont have to Swallow all the player based just because they have pay for a outfit recruting member not because they are a great outfit but because people have no other choice if they want to play with their friends and be part of a outfit »»»

You mean barriers like no box to buy, and no monthly subscription to pay?

««« Answer : Having no box and no subscribtion do not justified in any way to make people pay to be able to group up and having a in game friendlist
because this is the outfit its primarely a big friendlist in game Also FREEPLAYERS will be the vast majority of the player base and this is how its planned and they will make our experience greaters since we will not have to deal with empty servers more often »»»

The freeloaders already have plenty of game they wouldn't have otherwise. A one time fee to found an outfit is a pittance. If you can't or won't pay it, then you are exactly the kind of person who shouldn't be founding one in the first place.

««« Answer : Freeloaders like you calll them are the people who actually are going to make our gameplay experience better filling up our servers so we will have the scales thats we need to enjoy the game you should understand that they are not parasites they are players and WE NEED THEM SO STOP TO TRY TO MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE PARASITES !! Its a free to play and FREELOADERS ARE WELCOME !

i said everything in the Quote

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-27 at 10:38 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion