PS1 CR5 backpack as a vet reward? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Toys "R" us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: PS1 Vets should get CR5 backpacks for their characters
Yes. 121 59.02%
No. 84 40.98%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-27, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

PS1 CR5 backpack as a vet reward?

thoughts?

I think it would be a good idea, I worked hard to get my CR5 over the many years of playing PS.
Old 2012-06-27, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Kush
Captain

Re: PS1 CR5 backpack as a vet reward?

I think there should be different cosmetic rewards for how many years you played or since you activated your account. I played since 2004 and the highest merit I got was 5 years. So 5 years should be a backpack and all the other accessories, and as you go down 4, 3, 2, 1 the rewards are less and less.
Old 2012-06-27, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
LazyBonez
Private

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
I think there should be different cosmetic rewards for how many years you played or since you activated your account. I played since 2004 and the highest merit I got was 5 years. So 5 years should be a backpack and all the other accessories, and as you go down 4, 3, 2, 1 the rewards are less and less.
agree
Old 2012-06-27, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

but your not a vet for PS2...

PS2 should have it's own rewards for long time users.

However,
I wouldn't mind a reward for if you had a character in PS1 when you start ps2 but I don't think if you had 5 years in ps1 you should start out at 5 years time in ps2. they are two different games.

Ragefighter - Terran Republic Combat Medic Engineer
Old 2012-06-27, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Ragefighter View Post
but your not a vet for PS2...

PS2 should have it's own rewards for long time users.

However,
I wouldn't mind a reward for if you had a character in PS1 when you start ps2 but I don't think if you had 5 years in ps1 you should start out at 5 years time in ps2. they are two different games.
No one suggested that. It would be a cosmetic award that has nothing to do with gameplay. If I didn't pay that subscription every month for so many years there wouldn't be a PS2.

It's not starting out with your character leveled like you are saying.

FYI the backpack isn't available in game as far as we know, hence the reason I agreed with the op as having it be a cosmetic option for vets. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY.

Last edited by The Kush; 2012-06-27 at 09:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I think... a simple, single cosmetic item for ALL players that had played PS1 is probably enough, with July 1st as the cut-off date, or maybe requiring at least one year of service.

There's no need to rank the darn thing: too much work for too few people, and fewer qualifying players there will be for every consecutive year. I'd rather SOE develop for PS2's success, not to stroke the ego's of Planetside 1 players, much less based on how long they've been subbed.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-06-27 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 2012-06-27, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

The backpacks would be nice, but woulden't it be easy to get mistaken as an engineer in PS2? Since engineers in PS2 have backpacks?

On a side note, I still want to have the old PS1 armour being made available to PS1 vets in PS2.

Old 2012-06-27, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TAA
Staff Sergeant

I am not a PS1 veteran, but have received veteran rewards for other games. Ideally a veteran reward should be a unique cosmetic reward that allows the veterans to show off their veteran status in-game to other players. It lets everyone know who the veterans are, and encourages players to come back in future versions of the game so that they can be veterans themselves and stand out as well.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Xaine
Major

I don't think playing for less time should give you less stuff... but it should be different.

Thats makes it stand out even more.

If you had an account from 2003 you get to use a BFR Hhohohohohohohoh.

I'm joking.

(I'm not).
Old 2012-06-27, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
The Kush
Captain

Thumbs up Re: PS1 CR5 backpack as a vet reward?

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I think... a simple, single cosmetic item for ALL players that had played PS1 is probably enough, with July 1st as the cut-off date, or maybe requiring at least one year of service.

There's no need to rank the darn thing: too much work for too few people, and fewer qualifying players there will be for every consecutive year. I'd rather SOE develop for PS2's success, not to stroke the ego's of Planetside 1 players, much less based on how long they've been subbed.
It's as simple as checking what merit you have unlocked. It's a cosmetic item it wouldn't take that long. It's not stroking anyone's ego, it's saying thank you for helping us out all these years, through thick and thin.

Originally Posted by TAA View Post
I am not a PS1 veteran, but have received veteran rewards for other games. Ideally a veteran reward should be a unique cosmetic reward that allows the veterans to show off their veteran status in-game to other players. It lets everyone know who the veterans are, and encourages players to come back in future versions of the game so that they can be veterans themselves and stand out as well.
Exactly
Old 2012-06-27, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

At the very least Vets should have their main's name reserved on all PS2 servers.

I wouldn't mind giving PS1 vets the beret. Maybe put an insignia on it for the annual merit you earned (I should have my 9th year, but they stopped at 6th).

Old 2012-06-27, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Frogstomp
Private

I like the backpack idea. Maybe with a space on it that can hold 10 characters for your PS2 character name.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Some here (like you, Kush) were asking for more than a mere costmetic item, they were asking for a cosmetic item(s) specific to the years they served.

The most us vets will get is some kind of visible badge with something indicating a number on it, like colored bars or the PS1 emblem with a set number of spikes. Packs are out of the question: classes have packs.

Old school rifles might work, might look a little weird with attachments... but they couldn't represent years without messing up the novelty value, and I know people would rather have authentic looking PS1 weaponry. If in HD.

EDIT: A beret or hat with some sort of marker indicating years served would work really well, actually.

Veteran status symbols I'd expect to be a one-size-fits-all deal, with at most a minor and simple detail to represent the years one served on the frontlines of Old Auraxis.

As I said: it's best if they spend time and manpower on PS2's success. Most of what they'll create should be available to the public at large either in game or through the shop. A veteran cosmetic item is an exclusive to a very minor portion of the community, and I highly doubt they'll work on multiple items, one representing each year.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-06-27 at 09:28 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
At the very least Vets should have their main's name reserved on all PS2 servers.

I wouldn't mind giving PS1 vets the beret. Maybe put an insignia on it for the annual merit you earned (I should have my 9th year, but they stopped at 6th).
Hmm I thought it stopped at 5..

But name reservation is not needed.

A cosmetic reward is much better.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

It'd be neat if they did this for the vets. They already know if you are a vet and are looking at it (beta access based on vet status). Maybe a medal to pin to your armor or something of the like. I don't qualify for vet status as I lost my old account, but I'd like to see the guys from the old game get something special.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion