News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Overusing emoteicons since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-20, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #316
PeteHMB
Sergeant

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Hahahaha. Behind the scenes footage of all the weird/random/funny bugs is always entertaining. I wouldn't put it on youtube necessarily, because people may make the mistake of taking it for game footage as opposed to early development (yes, even if labeled as such). But as a little extra something, like with the T-shirts, hats, etc., I think a little $5 DVD full of tidbits and extras would be fun.
Old 2012-05-20, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #317
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

"All Clegged Up: The Development Anthology"

Old 2012-05-20, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #318
Purple
Sergeant Major

i doubt that they want some of the first youtube clips out to be all the bugs lol. we at the very least need launch first.
Old 2012-05-20, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #319
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
Nooooo - just think of the CPU cycles, the CYCLES! Nooooo!

Yeah, someone made the vehicle weapons physics objects once as well - ended up with turrets and rocket pods littering the landscape. Mossy isn't so powerful will all the weapons falling off the wings ...
Ohgod, i hope you guys have loads of Screenys and Videos of those bugs. I LOVE that stuff.
Old 2012-05-20, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #320
Knocky
Major

289,064 views.....holy crap.
Old 2012-05-20, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #321
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
i doubt that they want some of the first youtube clips out to be all the bugs lol. we at the very least need launch first.
Compile them, save them, show us after launch? lol

I hope they do something like that.
Old 2012-05-20, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #322
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

289,064 views.....holy crap.
I think 64 of those are me doublechecking info while i'm posting.
Old 2012-05-21, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #323
NCLynx
Major

Any chance the rest of the footage TB has will be released today? The 21st was his day to show all of it IIRC.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-21, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #324
Patek
Private

no idea but hopefully its soon prolly 6 in the morning where he lives, dunno
Old 2012-05-21, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #325
Mechzz
Major

When developers say things like "Hey, it's Alpha" what we mean is:

There a bunch of stuff in here that we're trying to fit all together into a whole game. Some of these things don't fully work yet, some are just for testing, and others may never be intended for the final game. Sometimes we need parts A, B, and C - but you may only be seeing A & C so it's not going to make a lot of sense. Occasionally The New Guy might make a change and forget to add something that just completely breaks a system (animation, capturing, flying, etc). Sometimes we add or miss a decimal point, flip a check box the wrong way and end up tossing rifles at people instead of something else (check higby's twitter feed for that one). It's a big construction zone, but we're proud of the hard work we're putting into this game and you're anxious to see what we're up to so here a sneak peek at where the game is. Hopefully you won't see vehicles bouncing around like beachballs (yea, that was a great bug) or door shields turned 90-degrees off where they should be (yup, in the footage) or invincible Lightnings and ATV's (because SOMEONE gave them ten times too much health) - but we're human and %#$# happens.

Or something like that. I'm just a coder, what do I know, right?

Edit: Oh, and don't forget the Clegg Ups.
No worries Cycles, I believe quite a few peeps who post here have some idea of what it takes to develop and then debug/optimise something of this scale. We do tend to over-analyse, but that's only because we're not yet logged in and playing the game. If we go off-beam and someone "official" like you comes by to put us straight then we really appreciate that. It helps even to hear "well yeah, it's gonna be like that" about something we may not personally like since it helps us get over it and move on to the next thing to worry about in our favourite game.

Thanks!
Old 2012-05-21, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #326
Mechzz
Major

Nooooo - just think of the CPU cycles, the CYCLES! Nooooo!

Yeah, someone made the vehicle weapons physics objects once as well - ended up with turrets and rocket pods littering the landscape. Mossy isn't so powerful will all the weapons falling off the wings ...
hahaha! Like a Tom and Jerry cartoon in space.

lmao
Old 2012-05-21, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #327
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
P.S.: Wait a second, nowhere does it ever say anything about actually capturing the base, the only thing TB gets is a "base defended", so we kinda still don't know crap about the actual proper procedure for a basecap.

I for one did not see any kind of counter going anywhere, but I could've missed it and can't check atm.

So yeah, I'll hold judgement till I have a proper grasp on what the fuck we exactly have to do to cap a base, start to finish.
I know it's base defence, not base capture (that's why it says "base defended" above), but I don't see why the mechanics would be different for the two? Also, there was a long discussion a few weeks back about base capture mechanics. This was the first time any of us have seen it in action.

The counters are the horizontal bars for each empire in the bottom left of the screen. Or did you mean a "counter-attack"? The NC hack one of the control points back to blue within seconds of the "Base defended" signal. And by the time TB leaves the base about 7-8 mins later, it still hadn't been recapped. The counter going back to zero was something I hadn't considered earlier, and I believe was not considered in the earlier discussions of capture mechanics. (Malorn, where are you when we need you!)

*chill filter on*
And yes, I know this is fapping over alpha. Does anyone have a better suggestion on what to discuss on the main planetside 2 discussion site? There may have been a couple of other discussions of alpha-related gameplay going on over the last couple of days. At least I didn't make a poll about it
*chill filter off*

Edit: link to one of the earlier discussions:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...pture+mechanic

Last edited by Mechzz; 2012-05-21 at 02:31 AM.
Old 2012-05-21, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #328
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
I still stand by my opinion that it'll be more of a success being going "modern fps crap" than by going the PS:Next route.
You're entitled but I have to say the feedback (in general) on Outcasters outfit forums is:
a) looks wonderful
b) can't wait
c) why all the Battlefield crap?
Old 2012-05-21, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #329
Karrade
First Sergeant

Many are inventing a lot of things that don't exist. Best to concentrate on what is there otherwise it's a waste of your energy. - Good rule for life NOW is all that exists.

Thank you for the video and experience.

For me: Stairfights and bottlenecks were fun in PS1 but overdone, as they became expected and too frequent and lost their fun.

Jump Pads are interesting for me, as if you don't want to be pinned down you won't be. Will there still be bottlenecks at points, not common perhaps but at points for a last stand defense? There was a great sense of wow factor when you held something you were expected to lose .

Last edited by Karrade; 2012-05-21 at 04:27 AM.
Old 2012-05-21, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #330
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
You're entitled but I have to say the feedback (in general) on Outcasters outfit forums is:
a) looks wonderful
b) can't wait
c) why all the Battlefield crap?
By "outfit forums", you mean people who played and enjoyed the original Planetside long-term?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion