News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: life is a b!tch, her name is {{eMaGyN}}
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-23, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
As a SL in BF3 I can give attack and defend orders, sure it's reduced compared to before, but saying that SLs got remove is a lie plain and simple.

That is just outright false thinking, it doesn't really matter if you have a commander or not, when people just don't care about it.
I stopped counting how often I joined matches were the commander was either nonexistant, a complete derp or was just a troll.
Same with playmode, if people play conquest and rush as TDM then it'll only end in their side losing, that isn't the fault of the game, especially not when it gives them a proper playmode to their tastes and they're just to retarded to use it.
The only thing that makes squad leaders a "lie" to say they were removed, is because the game technically designates a SL. Functionally, they were removed. "Reduced" makes it sound like the devastation was small, it was not, it was functional removal.

As for commander, well....that's why the FPS industry needs to go all out MMOFPS, so it can have such positions. You may not be able to find a good commander out of 32 players but out of 2000 I think you can.

Also, people play Conquest as TDM at least partly because of killcam, 3D spotting and audiospotting which weren't present in BF2, because those things are a constant reminder that push you to pursue players instead of objectives. And with no automatic VOIP it's difficult to organize random players to do anything but play TDM in conquest.

And those things are all the fault of DICE for putting them in, so yes, they are responsible for the increased occurrences of people playing TDM in Conquest.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion