Servers with FF:Off - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: DO NOT READ THIS TEXT!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want there to be FF: Off servers?
Hell no! 156 82.98%
Sure, why not? 32 17.02%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-07, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Aractain
Major

Re: Servers with FF:Off

People who shot you in the back never got weapons lock. I only got close by a series of accidents involving cloakers and prowler treads (THEY ran into ME! Not my fault!).

And to those who say that grief (not friendly fire, that is a totaly seperate system) made you think tactically - why were we all spamming plasma for kill spam (and screw the fools who tried to go into THAT door! lololol). Greif didn't stop us then why is it going to work now?
Old 2012-04-07, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Fenrys
Major

After a little while you had to stop spamming plasma for several hours. It was like an ability you could use, but it had a long cooldown. There was less plasma spam than there would have been without the specter of grief-lock, so it did work in that regard.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Grief didn't stop us then why is it going to work now?
But it did though.

Grief points is the penalty for team damage/killing. Unlike most generic FPS's that either have FF off or you're instantly killed when you kill someone.

The system, although not perfect was a decent system in the respect that it didn't punish you in a game breaking way.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
LostSoul

It was fine is PS, it'll be fine in PS2; FF all the way.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Aractain
Major

I guess your just not worried about the 'larger playerbase' coming to PS2 and spamming it up like I am. The Greeef system was great at stopping long term abuse but maybe they can make it harsher or something in PS2?

I don't want the lowest common denominator to ruin da game. And lots of TKs is worse than no FF for me.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I guess your just not worried about the 'larger playerbase' coming to PS2 and spamming it up like I am. The Greeef system was great at stopping long term abuse but maybe they can make it harsher or something in PS2?

I don't want the lowest common denominator to ruin da game. And lots of TKs is worse than no FF for me.
You say you're worried about the "larger player-base spamming it up", yet you think disabling friendly fire is the answer? That will just promote more spam due to no punishment from it.

TKs happen, it's inevitable. Simply removing it will do more harm than good.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Aractain
Major

Specifically spamming resulting in lots of TKs but maybe im just paranoid. Your probably right, theres going to be more subtle ways to fix things than just removing FF.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Tuomio
Private

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
You lost me with your clip analogy, but that doesn't matter, I agree with you. If we give up and allow FF-off now, unlimited ammo will be next. Guided bullets will no doubt follow right after that.
You should be reloading clips, not guns, that what i was saying. It brings more depth into the gun selections and gunnery skills. If its too hard to "manage" that, i cannot see how anybody could manage the R-button hit either, so why not put unlimited ammo while at it.
Old 2012-04-07, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
dsi
Staff Sergeant

How are you going to tell the million people that play to "watch their fire"? If it goes how im expecting, half of your deaths will be from different 'friendlys'. That is going to get frustrating.

What are you going to do, not play?

(My point has always been; think about how you feel being TKed constantly, not how well you avoid TKs)
I was never TK'd constantly in Planetside. Sure you'll die from friendly fire, but that's the exception not the rule.

In the end FF does a lot more good than harm, and without it the game will be even more of a spammy fuck-fest than it already will be with 3D spotting and one-man tanks.
Old 2012-04-08, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Knocky
Major

Am i the only one that views the idiots charging past me down the corridor as the meat shields that they are?

And it warms my heart that the no's are still over 80%.

Old 2012-04-08, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Am i the only one that views the idiots charging past me down the corridor as the meat shields that they are?

MAX's are supposed to go first!
Old 2012-04-08, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
MAX's are supposed to go first!
2 MAXes then infantry to take out the AV, then the next set of MAXes followed by more infantry.

Old 2012-04-08, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Absolutely hell no from me, FF should be on in Planetside 24/7. Seriously Higby what are you thinking with ideas like this?
Old 2012-04-08, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
General M
Corporal

Idk, I kinda think they should at least have the option. I can see a lot of the "casual" players (call them what you will) being very turned off/irritated at something that is 99% optional to be on in modern FPS's. Personally I don't mind FF but it would be very annoying to have to jump into a new (for the player) game, chuck a grenade and get punished for it hitting a troll/careless team mate.
Old 2012-04-08, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Folly
Private

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post

2 words: Splash Damage.
Your enemies will use it. But you can't use it, or any other kinds of damage, because you have some little retard dancing around in your sights, while the plasma disintegrates your face. How warm does that make your heart?

You can't watch out for idiots coming from behind and beside you, and by the time you do see them you'll be halfway to weapons-lock from grief.
It was not "fine" in PS, it was an annoying system that we all learned to live with, usually by just walking away from any indoor fight and finding some other outdoor battle to get into.

At the very least, I'd like to see the grief system refined. Maybe no grief given for shooting allies if you've damaged an enemy within the last second.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion