Planetside 2 Liberator Bombing Confirmed! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remember kids, Maurader's do not float
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-11, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Planetside 2 Liberator Bombing Confirmed!

I love bombing runs, this is awesome.

The cannon that we saw on E3 footage looked like complete ownage. It would be hard to make bombs with less control over where they land more effective than something that appeared to be 3-shotting tanks. Those bombs would have to be really, really strong.

The other value of the bombing runs is the ability to have less AA at high altitude. At least less ground-based AA so perhaps the tradeoff they are going for is the ability for a liberator to function over a hot area by going up higher and dropping bigger payloads as opposed to lower-altitude suppression with the cannons. At lower altitude the liberator is more vulnerable.

In PS1 one of the best uses of a Liberator was taking out a hot AMS. With galaxies replacing AMS and galaxies taking a lot of punishment (but also being easy targets), it seems like this new bombing Liberator might resume its PS1 role as an anchor-remover.

(I refer to AMS as anchors as they provide infantry the ability to hold the territory as long as the have a spawn point, remove the AMS and the infantry hold weakens, so AMS are the anchor, Libs remove the anchor and allow your side to push).

If I read other information right, deployed Galaxies have a shield, so it would take a lot of firepower to blow them up, the sort of firepower that a Liberator could bring with bombs. And also suppression.

I see a clear value and role for bomb-dropping Libs. Glad to see them return. Kevmo, you are the man!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion