PSU: Damn lawn-mowers... I-I mean Magriders
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Old 2012-03-14, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Cool Mr. DeCastellac's Introduction

Hello everyone! I've played Planetside for a long time now, pretty much since it was released. I used to be really active on Markov (VS) in the Death Bringers clan. I loved playing it, and it's still regarded as the best game out there in my books.
Then the population died down a lot, and the servers started to merge as SOE's desperate attempt to keep the game alive. I don't play anymore due to the shortage of players. Battles can still be found, but they can't compare to how it was back then.

I'm really excited for Planetside 2 to come out. I'm actively following all the info on PSU and the dev tweets. There can never be enough new info for me Can't wait to play the beta!
When I heard that PS2 would be free to play, I began to worry that it would greatly reduce in quality, but after the most recent gameplay video, my worries are washed away
In fact, I would feel guilty if I played Planetside 2 without giving them money, so you can bet I'll be buying tons of microtransaction items!

I really hate Call of Duty and dislike the more recent Battlefield games. I'm always telling people that I can't stand mindless shooters, where you're killing your enemies "just because".
Frankly though, Planetside is... that. But I'm okay with it, because the gameplay is extremely fun, it's largely strategy based, and it doesn't seem mindless because of the persistent nature.

I try to describe to my friends (though I doubt they listen) that at the end of a Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3 match, everything resets. The capture points are back to normal, your score is at 0.
I try to describe that in Planetside, when you take a base, it's yours for as long as you and your teammates can hold it, which could be minutes, hours, or days. They can't seem to wrap their minds around this concept though, so I can't wait for PS2 to come out and be free to play, so all my friends can try it without worrying about paying $60 + $15/mo.

Anyways, I went off on a big rant there. But that's me. I look forward to seeing you guys around the forums, and hopefully seeing you all in game!

PS (:P) : Post any questions about me and I'll try to respond within a day or two
Old 2012-03-14, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Mr. DeCastellac's Introduction

Welcome to PSU!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-14, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Hail and well met!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2012-03-14, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Welcome

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
XPquant
Sergeant

Welcome aboard!

You have come to your senses about this whole VS thing right? TR is the way, the truth and the light!
Old 2012-03-14, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

Thanks, you guys!

Originally Posted by XPquant View Post
Welcome aboard!

You have come to your senses about this whole VS thing right? TR is the way, the truth and the light!
I'll probably make a VS and TR character in PS2. Two of my brothers (who got me started in Planetside back in the day) play TR, so I'll have to make one to join them :P

Then I'll have my VS character for 'solo' play
Old 2012-03-14, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Welcome to the forums!

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions