Poll: Which faction are you with? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Big Brother Is Watching
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: What faction are you with?
Terran Republic 27 39.13%
Vanu Sovereignty 8 11.59%
New Conglomerate 34 49.28%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-08-05, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
darthdrak
Private

Poll: Which faction are you with?

Which faction are you aligned with in Planetside?

Terran Republic, Vanu Sovereignty, or New Conglomerate?
3 Rings for the Elven-Kings under the sky; 7 Rings for the Dwarf-Lords in their halls of stone; 9 for the Mortal Men, doomed to die; And one ring for the dark lord on his dark throne. One ring to rule them all. One ring to bind them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

-J.R.R Tolkien. Im one hell of a LOTR fan
Old 2003-08-05, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

I'm with all of them
Old 2003-08-05, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

What would you do for a klondike bar...

Well im in NC, they seem to be the underdogs in the fight. But i like that i would rather be on the losing side, it gives me more targets to shoot at. I would some day concider going to TR, maybe on a 7 day trial over a freinds house but i would never be a Vanu...dam them with their nooblasher
Old 2003-08-05, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Well I noticed tonight (maybe only tonight) but it seems like the vs population is declining. All the servers needed vs. I wouldn't mind being on the losing side to shoot at more things either but I would also like to have a bonus added to the empire needing the most poplutation, instead of just the XP and health bonuses which don't evn work for me. Anyway 1% extra health is only one more hp... wow 1 hp for me against about 6 tr or nc... Also the losing empire would be fun if you wouldn't die so much. Extra enemies=more targets but also more people targeting you, and your on one person and they're maybe 6 or more. Tonight and for several days I've been playing vs and not had ONE base capture. Tonight I thought I could get one but my squad wasn't the greatest and I couldn't find anyone else. We come so close to a base capture and fight so hard but we end up losing it in the end. Oh well, I just wish that the devs would put more things in planetside, so far it seems like the only real work they have done is the skyguard and libertor as new material (not including nerfs/upgrades). Ok I think i'm done ranting.
Old 2003-08-05, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
snypz
Private

at first i played nc cuz i didn't know who to pick and cuz of the whole freedom thing, but after i got to like br4 er br5 i went to tr cuz i didn't like any of nc's weapons and tr's max's r absolute death

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
Old 2003-08-05, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Hmm well I joined all three because in this game we have no clue who's the good guys or not. We don't know if the TR empire was good or not, and everyone was free, or it could of been the opposite in that it was an evil empire and then the nc would be the good guys. But the nc could also be the bad guy trying to get away from a perfect empire. Then the vanu, we don't have a clue what they're trying to do with the technology, either trying to build giant robots to take over the universe, or trying to genetically enhance cat fur to make it edible, we have no idea. Yep tr maxs are the best, now if you could give a tr max the ability to use jumpjets, lockdown, and use a shield, you would have an uber max. I don't really prefer any of the weapons. The only kills I can get with weapons are with the sniper, lasher, sometimes suppressor, and a pistol when in infiltration suit. I'm more of a vechicle/support guy, but then again, I haven't tried out everything yet such as AV weapons. I should really stop typing now and get some sleep....
Old 2003-08-05, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
snypz
Private

the story to me doesn't matter anymore cuz ur never gonna get the entire truth, there's always gonna b 3 completely different stories for as long as planetside exists, and besides, when u capture a base er a tower do u really think yes that's one more base for freedom er that's one more for vs technology, no ur just happy u got the xp and then ur on to the next base for more

o and

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
Old 2003-08-05, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mejwell
Sergeant

I tried all three of the empires during the beta, and now all my characters are New Conglomerate. I like Terran Republic the best, though, and can't really explain why I play as NC. Go figure.
Old 2003-08-06, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
darthdrak
Private

hey, agentduck00, how do you get that pic that shows your faction, rank, kills, ect.?

thats cool!!!!

i dont have game yet, so........ i cant get one of dem stickas, but show me how, so once i do, i can get one

oh, btw:

, ,
3 Rings for the Elven-Kings under the sky; 7 Rings for the Dwarf-Lords in their halls of stone; 9 for the Mortal Men, doomed to die; And one ring for the dark lord on his dark throne. One ring to rule them all. One ring to bind them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Old 2003-08-06, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
darthdrak
Private

one more thing, since im new to PS, can you customize looks for ur character?

Old 2003-08-06, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Everay
Major General

umm, what isnt this the 3rd thread about this in the past month?
Old 2003-08-06, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

I believe your right on the fact that it's (the sig w/ stats) been covered in several threads. Just do a search for sig and stats. That should get you there, or just click on link below:

PlanetSideGaming

You will need to have the game and acct first with SoE. Have fun.

Last edited by NCG JMan; 2003-08-06 at 11:44 AM.
Old 2003-08-06, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

Originally posted by darthdrak
Well yes and no. You have options, but you can't completely "customize" your character. You can give him or her different eyes, skin, scars, facial hair, hair color, voice, etc....
Old 2003-08-06, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by darthdrak
No. But the when you BR raises enough the colors change on your armor. I'm TR and BR 15 and my armor is RED. Also, you get shin gaurds, forarm pads, and a back pack as you rais in CR.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-06, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ViperGTS
Banned

its that simple
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion