new empire? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How can Hamma sleep at night?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-31, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Super_Ryu7
Private

new empire?

i think it would be cool if they added a new empire or so it might throw off the balance but like the original inhabitants of the planet joining in the battle as thier own empire would be really sweet... i think it would at least.

ps-sorry for all my threads lol
Old 2004-08-31, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Erm, the original inhabitants were the Vanu, and quite simply they'd own anything and everything the TR, NC or VS have to offer. Some balance.
Old 2004-08-31, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Now that it is multiple planets, it would be cool if some indigenous race to the system emerges from the land, capturing old equipmnet, learning it, modifying it, and start wanting to get rid of the invaders of thier land
Old 2004-08-31, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Bleh, keep it humans only. Hairless pink softies with guns for the win!
Old 2004-08-31, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheN00b
Colonel

Humans only.

'Nuff said.
Old 2004-08-31, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Bring on the Stargate plot! Vanu = Original humans, collinated earth as a second planet, Then moved one for some reason while the newly collinated planet undwent changes that caused the settlers to revert to "cavemen" ergo we have old time humans. Vanu do not return however they colonized some of other planets. Now those inhabitants can learn and adopt the technology we have and become a fourth faction.

BTW I dont endorse that plotline. I think its a smidge hollywoody for me.

However I dont like how for there to be even fights two factions need to be involved, leaving thier other assets totaly vulnerable. Threeways are fun but mostly for the victor.

Last edited by _-Gunslinger-_; 2004-08-31 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2004-08-31, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
CMRath
Private

They couldn't ever do this without making Planetside 2...
The reason is simple. We already have 3 empires that are well established, with many members on each. To throw in a fourth side would be impossible because they would have to get players from each side to join the fourth untill it was really balanced. It couldn't really work
Old 2004-08-31, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by CMRath
They couldn't ever do this without making Planetside 2...
The reason is simple. We already have 3 empires that are well established, with many members on each. To throw in a fourth side would be impossible because they would have to get players from each side to join the fourth untill it was really balanced. It couldn't really work
Yeah, it could work. If they came out with a really cool release you can bet that people would switch to play that race on their own volition. Hell, Outfits might switch too, to get a fresh start at the leaderboard there.

As for the possibility of such a fourth side, I think it's quite good. We know that the "Old" Republic, back on Earth and such, wants to terminate the expeditionary forces on the planets that once comprised Auraxis. I think they'll send in something that'll become the fourth side, whose purpose is to destroy the other sides for the Old Republic. Thing is, anyone who goes to Auraxis is not allowed to leave, as the Republic doesn't want word getting out about the world. Thus I would imagine that if my theory is correct, the eventual fourth side will be cybernetic/robotic or otherwise non-human. Maybe even a biological race, like the Zerg, or those guys from Tribes 2. Something that not only plays upon popular race gimmicks (people would join becaus robots/zerg are cool) but sticks with the storyline that they've already setup.

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-08-31 at 03:22 PM.
Old 2004-08-31, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghandi90
Private

As for the possibility of such a fourth side, I think it's quite good. We know that the "Old" Republic, back on Earth and such, wants to terminate the expeditionary forces on the planets that once comprised Auraxis. I think they'll send in something that'll become the fourth side, whose purpose is to destroy the other sides for the Old Republic.
1st-Um if i remember correctly ... a worm hole closed...thus rendering the old republic inable to travel to auraxis.
2nd- The worm hole closed b4 the bending so the old republic has no idea where we are.

No old republic for teh win!
Old 2004-08-31, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I think the wormhole should open back up and North Korea could come through blowing shit up.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-08-31, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I think a 4th side is very feasable but I am certain it would be a paid expansion
Old 2004-08-31, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well the devs already have their plate full balancing three sides, a fourth will just add to their problems.

If it was an expansion empire only, not only would everyone with that expansion play on that side, but it'd have to have advantages to make the expansion worthwhile. I honestly don't think the devs would take such a route.
Old 2004-08-31, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Subterfuge
Corporal

Here's a crazy idea. All nations split into 3 factions, because of disagreements. So now you have 9 factions battling against each other.
Old 2004-08-31, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Yup, crazy
Old 2004-08-31, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Cauldron Borne
Captain

9 factions.....9 planets....one victor.....who side are you on? PlanetSide II, coming fall of 2000never

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion