How do the devs feel about "hard to reach" places? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Runs Great on the Internet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-02, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AirFell
Private

How do the devs feel about "hard to reach" places?

Players (snipers)getting on top of towers and buildings that are hard to reach.

In BF3 it can be a problem on maps like Karkand (pre MAV-ride patch), due to lack of air vehicles, however other maps with towers and air vehics I personally see no problem where they go as long as its in bounds.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Do devs feel this to be legit play?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Off Topic: Why don't spoiler tags work on these forums?
Old 2012-06-02, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Re: How do the devs feel about "hard to reach" places?

I don't think the recon class will be able to use boosters like the light assault class, so they won't be anywhere too crazy.

Also, Planetside is very air-cavalry heavy generally, and would easily mop up whatever is on top of that tower.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stardouser
Colonel

It's not a problem in BF3 either, even on Karkand. People want to force other players into dueling situations because they don't like it when others play differently. There are always plenty of tools to kill people on rooftops, even in BF3 and even without aircraft. But because non-snipers can't just spray down a sniper on a rooftop easily, they want people to not be able to get on those rooftops.

I have actually seen BF3 servers that don't even let people get on rooftops with ladders, so this confirms that people want to force others to play the same way they do. Not admirable, in my opinion.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Conq
Staff Sergeant

Well, this is kind of relates to what I just posted in the sniper thread but I don't see a problem with people camping in "hard to reach" spots as long as sniping isn't as ridiculously easy and powerful as BF3.

Jet Packs, Ejection Seats, Squad Spawn Drops, Gal Drops... it won't be hard to get any where and kill anyone camping there assuming some gunner/pilot hasn't killed them already.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
It's not a problem in BF3 either, even on Karkand. People want to force other players into dueling situations because they don't like it when others play differently. There are always plenty of tools to kill people on rooftops, even in BF3 and even without aircraft. But because non-snipers can't just spray down a sniper on a rooftop easily, they want people to not be able to get on those rooftops.

I have actually seen BF3 servers that don't even let people get on rooftops with ladders, so this confirms that people want to force others to play the same way they do. Not admirable, in my opinion.
i agree. iv given up on bf3 cus of all the restrictive servers. i cant see it being a problem in ps2 as this is a more tactics game and with anti snipers and aircraft about id say a sniper wont last long unless he kills then displaces.
its going to be a busy battlefield with such scale. i cant wait
Old 2012-06-02, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Legitimate tactic. Man up.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Not to pick on the OP but, there will be air vehicles everywhere. If there is a sniper on a rooftop they will be easy prey for any air vehicle. We dont get parachutes, light inf get a jetpack but cant use sniper riffles. So being up there isnt the "im never going to die" like in BF3 is. Even then, mortar.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SpcFarlen View Post
Not to pick on the OP but, there will be air vehicles everywhere. If there is a sniper on a rooftop they will be easy prey for any air vehicle. We dont get parachutes, light inf get a jetpack but cant use sniper riffles. So being up there isnt the "im never going to die" like in BF3 is. Even then, mortar.
... and without the ability to go prone like in BF3, you will be a giant target for all to see miles around.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
... and without the ability to go prone like in BF3, you will be a giant target for all to see miles around.
Not to mention they made it so your torso is viable if you can shoot at a target. No head glitching.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by SpcFarlen View Post
Not to mention they made it so your torso is viable if you can shoot at a target. No head glitching.
He meant that as a complaint that there's no prone. As it happens I think that even with prone, aircraft coming up on top of the roof you're on will see you easily.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Its hard to get tone out of text. But yes even with it, it makes little difference.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
Yea bro, i hear you need prone to hide your body, look at my prone tank:

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-02, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Toppopia
Major

Hmm. Do we know anything about where bullets exit the character? Do they actually exit out of the barrel or from our faces like most other games?
Old 2012-06-02, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Yea bro, i hear you need prone to hide your body, look at my prone tank:
We need shovels and deformable terrain so we can dig a hole to park our tanks in and cover them up!
Old 2012-06-02, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Hmm. Do we know anything about where bullets exit the character? Do they actually exit out of the barrel or from our faces like most other games?
if its anything like PS1, the gun, snipers should be able to half scope the ground like in PS1 and only expose their head.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion