Bolt Driver + missile launcher? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Batteries not included.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-10, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
erunion
Private

Bolt Driver + missile launcher?

In PS1 it was common for snipers to also carry their empire's anti-vehicle weapon(phoenix,striker,lancer). Does anyone know if that will be possible with the new class system?
Old 2012-06-10, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dreamcast
Major

Re: Bolt Driver + missile launcher?

The Cloaks only carry pistols and Snipers from what I have seen so Im pretty sure they can't.

However, it would be cool if SNipers could level in some sort of Anti-Weapon bullet to destroy vehicle/maxes easier but sacrifice the damage they do to infantry
Old 2012-06-10, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cuross
Master Sergeant

It has been mentioned that infiltrators are the only class to be able to carry sniper rifles and that Heavy Assault will be the only class to carry rocket launchers. So no, no more days of REXO suit with bolt driver and deci's.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by erunion View Post
In PS1 it was common for snipers to also carry their empire's anti-vehicle weapon(phoenix,striker,lancer). Does anyone know if that will be possible with the new class system?
This is probably more suited to the New Players discussion board.

The Bolt Driver, from what I have understood so far, will only be allowed to be used by the infiltrator class. While the AA and AV guns will only be able to be used by HA and ENG I think.

So no.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
erunion
Private

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
It has been mentioned that infiltrators are the only class to be able to carry sniper rifles and that Heavy Assault will be the only class to carry rocket launchers. So no, no more days of REXO suit with bolt driver and deci's.
That's what I'm afraid of. =(
Old 2012-06-10, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Well guns have different effectiveness against different armors. A bolt driver might have some bonus against MAXes for armor piercing.

Who knows.

We do know that infils with still get boomers of sorts, so there is always that.

I prefer the class system over what came before it.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Lol don't worry about it :P You're going to be 400+ meters away from your targets and if an enemy packs up a lightning to go looking for you, you can just cloak and evade. Your survivability stays high, you just won't be able to destroy the vehicle. If you're worried about just that you want to be the supersniper who can defend themselves against vehicles, then those days are behind us and I think for the better ^^;
Old 2012-06-10, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Will any class be able to carry two "main" weapons at once? Ala PS1's rexo. I was thinking this morning it would be a shame if a heavy assault couldn't carry both his heavy weapon (MCG or Lasher or Jackhammer) plus his faction's AV weapon as well.

I would imagine if you can only carry one "main" weapon, it could get boring when all you've got is your AV rocket launcher and all the aircraft get scared away. I'm hoping at least the heavy assault class will let you carry two main weapons.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
erunion
Private

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post

I prefer the class system over what came before it.
Why is that? I tend to prefer system that allow for choice over set templates.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
Will any class be able to carry two "main" weapons at once? Ala PS1's rexo. I was thinking this morning it would be a shame if a heavy assault couldn't carry both his heavy weapon (MCG or Lasher or Jackhammer) plus his faction's AV weapon as well.
I don't think this has been explained. But someone willing to look at the E3 footage in detail will be able to tell you better.

I think their are still "armor types" with INF + LA under the light armor with 1 main weapon.

Then MED + ENG with 1 main weapon + support.

HA under it's own with 2 main weapons.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
erunion
Private

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Lol don't worry about it :P You're going to be 400+ meters away from your targets and if an enemy packs up a lightning to go looking for you, you can just cloak and evade. Your survivability stays high, you just won't be able to destroy the vehicle. If you're worried about just that you want to be the supersniper who can defend themselves against vehicles, then those days are behind us and I think for the better ^^;
One of my favorite things in PS1 was to do armed recon with a bolt driver, phoenix, and an ATV.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Why is that? I tend to prefer system that allow for choice over set templates.
Because the choice is still there, you can still choose what weapons you carry. You just don't have to play tetris to squeeze that last ammo case in there.

One of my favorite things in PS1 was to do armed recon with a bolt driver, phoenix, and an ATV.
This was also one of my favorite builds but with Vanu and the lancer. Ranged AA and AV was awesome, maxes in the open or on top of the base were good prey. But things change.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-06-10 at 10:55 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Lol, don't get me wrong, I was the same way as you. Bolt driver and Lancer in my loadout and sniping infantry and vehicles all the same. But I rather like the idea of the class roles now. Infiltrators are master snipers, or can be saboteur experts, or commando leaders, or whatever else you want them to be, just without sniper and phoenix :P It's not so bad once we get over the nostalgia of it all ^^
Old 2012-06-10, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I was a dedicated Pilot/Sniper/AV.

Looks like the AV part of it is gonna be gone unless I'm airborne.

That said, Infil offers some cool possibilities for a sniper!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-06-10, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

In the E3 footage a HA could carry an LMG and an AV weapon. I've got no idea if a MCG will fit into the LMG slot, or if it will replace the AV weapon. I have a feeling that the HA will be able to slot both a HA weapon and an AV weapon, making them very dangerous on the battlefield in general. Which is fine because they probably wont be able to drive things and they don't get speshul abilities or support roles like the other classes (besides the super shield).

The HA is for shooting, and thats what I think they will mostly be doing haha
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion