Beta Key (2) giveaway - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't Lash me, Bro.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-20, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Beta Key (2) giveaway

gonna be nice and give away 2 keys today.

1- key is a PC gamer key from march/april magazine I never used

2- key is a twitter key.

All i ask is you post in the next few hrs what faction you plan to play and what you like most about that given faction.

the two that catch my eye will get keys end of story. (and no being TR does not earn you anything extra)

If your a vet do not enter your already set.. this is for non PS1 players who really need a basic key just to get in the beta later on.

Something to do to pass the time pimps & playas.

Last edited by Top Sgt; 2012-07-23 at 07:54 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
kunzadar
Corporal

Re: Beta Key (2) giveaway

Vanu soverenty - Flying the scythe. That aircraft has the most potential in my eyes, with the ability to strafe and the highest maneuverability.

Last edited by kunzadar; 2012-07-20 at 02:03 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lazaruz
Private

I'm fighting for Vanu Sovereignty.

I would much rather go to war with a sword than a sharp stick. + the scythe looks killer

Acer 5742G: i5-480M 2.67 GHz, GT 540M (313.96 beta driver), 8g RAM, Win7
Large fight FPS: 18-25
Old 2012-07-20, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Comet
First Sergeant

*cracks his knuckles*
I am choosing to play NC because they have... cookies. Kidding, kidding

First off, I like the way the NC looks and plays. Strong looking bulky armour and big guns with big explosions. It sounds cliche' but it's true.

The other half of the equation is of course their ideology. Without getting too political, I appreciate different view points on subjects and admire those that have the strength to go against the grain.

When you add in the look of NC's units and what they are fighting for, it was a give-in

I have started to write a story for my NC character that is still fleshing itself out but will eventually tell how he became an NC fighter. The story will touch on his family, his thoughts and what he believes of the entire war despite the logo on his shoulder. I work a lot so it's hard for me to sit down and put in a genuine effort in the story some weeks but it is coming.

Link to the story can be found here:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=45049
Old 2012-07-20, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Terran Republic

I just want to fight for the glory of the Republic

That is all
Old 2012-07-20, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

May i enter for a Friend of Mine ?

He wants to go VS with me and my other Friends, he will be one of those Infiltrator Hacking Guys, I fly the Stuff, and my Boys will guard Him
Old 2012-07-20, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mythoclast
Corporal

New Conglomerate: I was complaining about how there were no MMOFPS's and my friend was all "Ever hear of Planetside?" He explained the game a bit to me and is gonna build me a new computer too. Since he introduced me to not only a game but a genre I didn't even know existed I will join his faction.

I was leaning towards the NC even before I knew his faction because of there low rate of fire but high damage design but I probably would have ended up in the VS due to their unique look and weapons as well as their philosophy. But then again that would conflict with my philosophy of sticking with my friends so the NC it is!

Edit: If he doesn't get into the beta I will probably give the key to him if that's ok.

Last edited by Mythoclast; 2012-07-20 at 02:22 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Absentis
Corporal

I'm planning on going TR. Mostly because of how fast their weapons shoot and their low recoil with sustained fire. The mosquito in specific has a particularly appealing design and seems like it would be a good fighter for hit and run type attacks. In general, I just like how the TR plays from the videos that I've seen so far.

Edit: This is for a friend who is also going TR. He likes fast snipers.

Last edited by Absentis; 2012-07-20 at 02:21 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
yourt
Private

I NC

Got my AlienFX set to blue and yellow, sportin the team colors.

NC got the sexiest armor, weapons, and vehicles of all three factions. Anyone that loves money, freedom, and big guns needs to support the the big wig's (and formally big haired Higby's) rag tag group of rebels.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
GODMOLLY
Private

I'm part of the Terran Republic. What I like the most about this faction is that they seem the best organized out of all the others, you play better when you have prestige in knowing who you are fighting for. Not a bunch of unorganized, un-militaristic rebels who don't kick ass and throw them to the curb.
I was a PS1 vet, but lost my account details.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Zekeen
Major

(Vet here - but I wanna score a key for a friend as a surprise to help him through a tough time)

I fight for NC, because even though I decided on them based on colors and armor design, I found out that everything about them fit me. I found the weapons to be ideal, as I was an ammo conserver type and always prefered to hit harder with less shots. I loved the heavier, edger armored, but also fell in love with how the colors of the empire stretched across all the vehicles and gave a patriotic warmth to me. I remember looking at propaganda one day and wondering if I matched with the empire ideals and coming to conclusion that I felt my empire would have been right even if I had joined them for their ideals alone. The history, the idealogy, the edge styles, the colors, the bulky heavier looks, and the precision high powered weapons fit me like a glove to where I cringe watching a video of another empire killing NC. NC embodies the ironies I love, they are the lowest, less organized empire, but they possess the highest pure human technology, not afraid to use what humanity has built to obtain their freedom.

Freedom over Oppression!

Had I not gone NC, I would have ended up Terran though, there's almost a brother-like feeling between rebel and loyalists... even if it's from shooting each other.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
casdac
Private

TR here

I don't really know what it is about the TR that makes me love them so much, could just be how sexy they look in there black and red armor, but if i was to definitively say what it was that drew me to them then i would have to say it is how they managed to sustain a global government, say what you like about how they ruled, but it takes skill and effort to be able to govern a whole planet for so long, just look at how difficult it is for any one country to govern themselves at the moment.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ParanoiaComplex
Private

The Vanu Sovereignty is my choice of faction.

I will strike all down with my deadly Rag Mider in a solo, hardcore rambo fashion.

Imagine a swarm, neigh, zerg of NC grunts threatening the sanctity of a VS controlled tower when all of a sudden the cavalry of 20 single manned Rag Miders burst from the mist! Out of nowhere each tank will single single-handedly cause infinite deaths and ruin many many lives.

Such is a goal for only the most dedicated dreamers.

... VS4LYFE o/
Old 2012-07-20, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

someone has pointed out to me that giving away an account (albiet new) is against SOE rules??

I dunno but based on his Pm i'll remove that part and stick with the 2 keys then so everybody is happy.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Im going NC here. Its not really the awesome look of the Reaver or the power of the Vanguard. I joined the NC because I wanted to be a Devil Dog. I had seen the videos and looked at there old website. I really wanted to be with a big organized bad assed outfit and Im positive I have struck gold. Now Im NC4life.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion