Can we all STFU about whos vet and whos not and who should go in first and blabla - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: smells like victory
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-22, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Astrok
First Sergeant

Can we all STFU about whos vet and whos not and who should go in first and blabla

90 % of the posts right now is none but bullshit about those whos vet and who should go in first .And why the vets wont go in techtest earlyer then someone who never played planetside blablabla.

u guys acting like little kids right now.

stfu about this stuff and just wait till beta actually starts.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Novice bot
Sergeant

Re: Can we all STFU about whos vet and whos not and who should go in first and blabla

Aye, they be kids and this thread screams of maturity.

But in all seriousness, its a tech test, they promised that when the real deal (i.e. CBT) starts, PS1 players get the first priority, and that's it. There's not much to discuss about that. Tech test doesn't equal a proper closed beta test, its just a small stress test and a hardware check. I don't see how someone doesnt understand that if your specs aren't suitable / required for testing = you aren't in the tech test, period.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Can we all STFU about whos vet and whos not and who should go in first and blabla

While the other thread started with the best of intentions, this one...

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Novice bot View Post
Aye, they be kids and this thread screams of maturity.

But in all seriousness, its a tech test, they promised that when the real deal (i.e. CBT) starts, PS1 players get the first priority, and that's it. There's not much to discuss about that. Tech test doesn't equal a proper closed beta test, its just a small stress test and a hardware check. I don't see how someone doesnt understand that if your specs aren't suitable / required for testing = you aren't in the tech test, period.
indeed,

and im getting sick of it that people dont understand it.

they should just wait and see.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Old 2012-07-22, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
demonicale
Sergeant

Did we really need a thread saying this?.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

This is the thread I didn't have the stones to make. lol.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Old 2012-07-22, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SleepyZombie
Corporal

Originally Posted by Astrok View Post
90 % of the posts right now is none but bullshit about those whos vet and who should go in first .And why the vets wont go in techtest earlyer then someone who never played planetside blablabla.

u guys acting like little kids right now.

stfu about this stuff and just wait till beta actually starts.

This thread is ADULT AS ****

For a guy who hates useless threads you sure made a doozie

I haven't been around the forums for the last couple of days but I have seen just as many "I think the vets should be this way", "I think vets should stop this" threads going around as well.

Also vets get in first! I am not sure if that's what you are mad about but it seems like it is to me.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Littleman
First Lieutenant

This tech test is technically a beta. Usually betas involve external play testers, and indicate the game is in a mostly playable state.

If they wanted to focus on aerial combat, they could call it an aerial combat test. Doesn't change that it's still an external pre-release test, which is what beta essentially is.

Really wish people would stop taking what the test is called at face value like small children would. It's not like calling it an actual beta would change SOE's invite priorities for the test, it would just make the vets even more livid. Now that is a good reason to call it a tech test: they can circumvent the "vet/key" priorities while lessening the number of flamers.

There really was no reason they couldn't prioritize vets with the specs they were looking for unless there simply weren't enough of us and they were filling in the gaps with people outside the priority list, which is entirely possible, and thus impossible for us to refute. But thinking calling it a tech test nullifies everyone's complaints? That's just being gullible. Those complaining are just raging because they're currently ill-informed, as is everyone else outside of SOE's offices.

I can't even say if my setup was much of a concern. I use a 200 series card on Vista with 4 gigs of ram. For all we (I) know, that was something they already know will work, or enough other vets had that I simply got unlucky when the attention turned towards that pool.

Essentially, people are reading between the lines and asking the why's but not having enough hard answers/evidence to implicate SOE on being insincere.

If my history with gaming forums is anything to go by, when people don't understand, they get angry. Without fail. I'll just wait for beta and keep praying for an early invite.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-22 at 01:12 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
sameer
Sergeant

The butt hurt from "vets" is strong on this forum. Too many adults QQing.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
moosepoop
Captain

my tears are manly. it expresses my inner sensitive side.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by sameer View Post
The butt hurt from "vets" is strong on this forum. Too many adults QQing.
Lets get something straight. Not all vets are QQing. Many vets are silent on the matter.

I'm a vet and, quite frankly, I don't care.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
maddoggg
Sergeant

When a sequel to a game is made,the first to go in beta should be the veterans PERIOD!

PS:I am not a ps1 veteran myself,but i am a veteran of several other games and i know how it feels to have the hardcore fan base rejected and ignored,while trying to please the masses of COD players.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by maddoggg View Post
When a sequel to a game is made,the first to go in beta should be the veterans PERIOD!

PS:I am not a ps1 veteran myself,but i am a veteran of several other games and i know how it feels to have the hardcore fan base rejected and ignored,while trying to please the masses of COD players.
Would you say you feel entitled to this preferential treatment?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion