Waypoints command certs buff - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: HandGun meet ChainGun.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-09-27, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fazed
Corporal

Red face Waypoints command certs buff

Hi,

I would like to see changes to the certifications tree for command: Especially the “EXTRA WAYPOINT” certifications. It is great to have more waypoints but they really won’t come handy unless you can clearly manage them, this is why I came up with the following idea.

A new certification should be added (It would be preferable for it to be cheap and accessible), that would allow you to access a new menu within the squad/platoon menu in order to manage waypoint.

Let’s break it down to what the menu brings you:

As a regular platoon/squad member, you can access the menu but it is view-only. You are allowed to see who have set which waypoints, for which squads and also how long ago.

As a squad leader, you are allowed to set one or multiple (If you have unlocked the certification for them) waypoints. The waypoints you add by right clicking on the map are visible in this menu and you have to option to rename them or delete them. The default name should be something simple that can still be used as reference such as “WP-1”, “WP-2” etc..

As a platoon leader, you own every right over the waypoints set by the entire platoon’s squad leaders. You have the option to hide certain waypoints (Would be useful for later reference), rename waypoints and delete them.

Further down the road it could even be possible to have commander waypoints to be implemented to this idea.

That being said, the platoon leader would now hold a very important position and in the case he had to disconnect/crash from the server suddenly, you wouldn’t want his position to be attributed to some a troll/griefer:
The squad and platoon menu needs to have an option that allows you to attribute another leader in advance in case you had to disconnect or crash.

Thanks for reading, any input is welcome.

Last edited by Fazed; 2012-09-28 at 04:00 PM.
Old 2012-09-27, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: Waypoints command certs buff

I definitely like the idea of being able to name waypoints, for an armour column you could have a point where you retreat to for repairs by engies or a sunderer in addition to the waypoint that marks the target.

The option to have a default set (even sets) of prenamed waypoints that correspond to the waypoint number would be useful so a squad/platoon leader could swap out the names of their waypoints based on the activity they were engaging in at any given moment.

For your d/c idea, how about "Promote member X on Squad/platoon leader disconnect."
Old 2012-09-27, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Fazed
Corporal

Re: Waypoints command certs buff

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I definitely like the idea of being able to name waypoints, for an armour column you could have a point where you retreat to for repairs by engies or a sunderer in addition to the waypoint that marks the target.

The option to have a default set (even sets) of prenamed waypoints that correspond to the waypoint number would be useful so a squad/platoon leader could swap out the names of their waypoints based on the activity they were engaging in at any given moment.

For your d/c idea, how about "Promote member X on Squad/platoon leader disconnect."

Thanks for the input, yeah indeed being able to name someone would be good, but then if he disconnects you would need to change the name that you chose in the first time.

I think there should be both of these, the outfit/friend one and the specific person's one actually!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault