[EU] Looking for TR Outfit {Server-Lithcorp} - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm sure of it now, you like us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2012-11-27, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Toadette
Private

[EU] Looking for TR Outfit {Server-Lithcorp}

My brother, my cousin and I have been playing the game since the original planetside. We have now created TR characters in the server "lithcorp" EU and are looking for an outfit to join. I've seen people post about being exclusively affiliated with a specific class/profession but I wouldn't categorize myself as a "medic" or "engineer". I simply change my load-out to whatever the situation requires...If there is a max fighting and i see a sunderer (usually my sunderer) deployed close by, then I would change to an engineer and support that Max.

We have purchased several weapons with station cash to give us a more effective approach on ground and in the air. I have spent most of my time playing as a mosquito with "Tomcat A2AM Pods" (Lock-on Missile launchers) and Hellfire Rocket Pods for when I want to rain down rockets on enemy tanks...amazing weapon. I also acquired the anti infantry secondary weapon on the liberator for nice bombardment.

With regards to ground based weaponry, I purchased several weapons for various vehicles such as anti infantry weapons on my lightning and prowler and 2 anti vehicle cannons on my sunderer. Some infantry weapons were also acquired like the anti-tank/anti-air rocket launchers at the disposal of the heavy assault, a bolt action rifle on the infiltrator, and shotguns for my medic/engineer/light assault load outs for more close ranged combat scenarios. These weapon upgrades apply to all three of us (my brother, my cousin and I) and what I mean by that is that every person of our group has acquired several upgrades that can be very useful in a coordinated platoon strike.

At the moment, we spend most of our time playing the game having the other two squad momebrs (brother/cousin) on a liberator raining hell on enemy vehicles and infantry while I cover their backs on air with my mosquito using lock-on anti-air missiles. We walk away after every strafe run killing a minimum of 15 enemy soldiers or several vehicles. Worst case scenario, we get outrun by enemy aircrafts and are inevitably gunned down, in that case we simply choose to respawn in the thick of the battle and go for a more three way squad like coordinated load out system. For example, if the fight was more of an indoor, closed quarters, infantry based battle, then we would approach the situation appropriately.

i.e. Two dual mini-gun max units and an engineer, or a dual mini-gun max/engneer/and a medic, or 2 heavy assault soldiers and a medic, etc...you get the idea. So we are already implementing team based strategies in the fights we participate in regardless of how bleak the circumstances are. It's just fun holding down a set of stairs with a total of 3 soldiers on Skype together taking down one infantry soldier after another. Now I'm not saying the outcome is always positive, obviously we lose some fights and win other fights. But the point is we are having fun while still fulfilling the main objectives of Planetside 2 (Defend and attack facilities...duh :P).

The liberator/mosquito combo is probably the most effective one we have used so far. My brother, the gunner on the liberator, has a K/D ratio of about 7 or 8 to 1...it just proves how ridiculous our strafe runs are. That is especially the case when we find a deployed enemy sunderer where he racks up about 20 kills before we have to back off for whatever reason. Now our little combo isn't invincible because of the lack of air support the liberator gets as it's bombing the targets. Here's how it looks from my perspective, I'm floating some distance away from them keep an eye on the air in their proximity using the third person perspective cam, making sure no scythes or reavers try to gun them down. When I spot an enemy aircraft, I immediately take off in pursuit to drive it off the liberator. Now I'm on this lets say reaver, I hear em on skype going "Oh god get the hell out of here", so I let the reaver go and turn around and I spot 3 scythes on the liberator and I'm just like "umm...yeah".

Let's be honest here, I rarely ever encounter a one vs one battle at a base. What I mean by that is every time our base is attacked and I'm trying to defend, it turns out to be a three way battle with the VS attacking us from one side and the NC coming in from the other (especially the case with regards to the crown). I started off writing an application and ended up writing my life story :o...

I'll just put in the typical application like info here then :P...We are all above the age of 18 with me and my cousin in university and my brother graduated and working. We live in Bahrain, Middle East except for my cousin who is currently studying in Reading. We are all planetside veterans having played the original planetside. Though I personally have never become a part of an outfit at that time because, tbh, I was too busy raiding in World of Warcraft. I'm not gonna list out my achievements and titles in WoW because there is no correlation between the two games. I play a lot, and throughout my free time because I spend most of my time on the computer...so all of my free time is spent playing games. The exceptions would be if I had to prepare for tests, presentations, projects, reports, etc. We own microphones and are able to participate in a voice chat program like Ventrilo. I actually own a 50 slot ventrilo server that isn't being used right now but that's besides the point.

So im just gonna sign off saying I'm sorry for the wall of text, I just went on and on typing everything that came to mind when I thought about planetside 2. I'm going to be returning to this page regularly to check up on replies and, hopefully, a legit outfit is willing to have us three.

Thanks,
Tohdo/Toadette
Old 2012-12-01, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
leofric
Private

Re: [EU] Looking for TR Outfit {Server-Lithcorp}

Hey Toad, Did you find an outfit in the end?
Old 2012-12-02, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Toadette
Private

Yeah, I have gotten several responses via private message...I've responded accordingly. Though I have also explained that I'm going through some problems in December and I won't be able to take up any of the offers placed till the end of the month. So that's that...
Old 2012-12-02, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
leofric
Private

Ok hope you find out soon, if not - Feel free to come join us
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic