Return of the no-hitter - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Must obey Hamma...... Must obey Hamma......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-23, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Return of the no-hitter

I'm losing the ability to inflict damage - enemy or friendly - after about 30 minutes of sustained combat. Anybody in the same boat? I missed the first round of this one and was very pleased with myself. Now I weep bitter tears.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

Re: Return of the no-hitter

Does it affect every role? For instance, I had this happen to me only when I was playing as burster max. Or rather, I had this happen the MOST as a burster max. I didn't have this happen too often/ever as anything else.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shogun
Contributor
General

wait, you can play for more than 30 minutes?

for me 30 minutes (exactly) is the limit of playtime before i get disconnected. maybe it is related. some people get totally disconnected, while others lose their hitdetection

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-23, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
Does it affect every role? For instance, I had this happen to me only when I was playing as burster max. Or rather, I had this happen the MOST as a burster max. I didn't have this happen too often/ever as anything else.
Once in a MAX, once as an Engy (nothing sadder than 2 surprise thanny headshots connecting at point blank and doing nothing), and once in a Scythe. 3 was my limit
Old 2013-05-23, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

I've just had difficulties hitting people in general. This one guy, he was walking backwards while I was shooting with a shotgun, and refused to die.

But I've been playing for more than an hour at one point; everything still fine.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dragonskin
Major

I've had issues with burster maxs displaying the hits.. but it appeared that I was still hitting the targets because the flak was exploding on them while being the only burster max in the area. That was before the patch though... as in the last 5 days. I haven't been in a burster max since the patch.

Hit detection issues could be why I seem to be losing more firefights than normal. It was awhile after I had been on and it was during a zergy fight. I didn't know if it was lag or what though.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I've had issues with burster maxs displaying the hits.. but it appeared that I was still hitting the targets because the flak was exploding on them while being the only burster max in the area. That was before the patch though... as in the last 5 days. I haven't been in a burster max since the patch.

Hit detection issues could be why I seem to be losing more firefights than normal. It was awhile after I had been on and it was during a zergy fight. I didn't know if it was lag or what though.
same here. same time, same symptoms. only i think i didn´t damage the aircrafts. there were deveral bursters at my side and the mosquitos just swarmed around us without getting damaged. all under full fire of 2 turrets and several bursters. some of them were destroyed, but i never got any kills or even kill assist messages. and the show went on for at least half an hour. i thought i just sucked at leading a target at night, but it even happened when they came very near and started hoovernoobing us. only 1 of maybe 50 shots gave me a hitindicator. and i was quite accurate with a burster before.

don´t know if it persists because i haven´t bursted after the patch yet. but i still got sthe same problem with spotting. today i had my reticule directly on a near lightning and was spamming q. nothing happened. i went to cover, came out again and tried again. dame result. i couldn´t call out the lightning that was directly in front of me in grenade range. i tried as long as it took him to notice and instagib me because he was coming from behind, i had nothing to damage it and nobody else seemed to notice the bastard.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-05-23 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2013-05-23, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
martingee
Private

I feel like something has 'changed'. Its hard to put my finger on but i seemed really vulnerable, more than usual

I seemed to be using way more bullets to take someone down if i wasn't rounded on and taken out my self. I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i'm a good player but fights i felt i should have won i seemed to lose and the other guy didn't take much damage. I was getting the damage sound but couldn't say for sure if all my hits were registering.

Due to the disconnecting issue, tonight was my first real play since the patch and it was soley against the NC, it was like they'd been given a buff (oops, there i said it :P ) even tho i'm sure they haven't. Even spent 1k certs on the top level nanoweave for my HA, i know the margins are slim but it didn't seem to make one jot of difference.
Old 2013-05-23, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
VGCS
Corporal

I got the opposite yesterday, the first fight I got in, I hit this guy 20 times and he took no damage. Then he shot me 20 times and I took no damage. Neither one of us was warping around so I dunno whaddafuq was goin on...
Old 2013-05-23, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

I've noticed on my end; hit detection lag, frequent player pop-in, and a little bit of warping.
Old 2013-05-23, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Obstruction
First Sergeant

worst possible bug for an FPS.

unless there was a bug where you shoot the enemy, and your bullets damage you.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
OCNSethy
Major

Aww no, say its not so... I hate this bug with a vengence. It totally ruins the game.

Hopefully it will be fixed with the hot fix tonight otherwise it will make the 2x XP weekend a farce... not to mention the game as a whole
Old 2013-05-24, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I'm losing the ability to inflict damage - enemy or friendly - after about 30 minutes of sustained combat. Anybody in the same boat? I missed the first round of this one and was very pleased with myself. Now I weep bitter tears.
I have notice this when I use my side arm in this patch. But so far never on my primary infantry weapon.
Old 2013-05-24, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Having this bug ever now and then since... I don't know. Always? Surely less recently but it has never been gone completely. Seems to occur more in areas with high player population (which might be why I got it less and less on Miller). I guess it's some kind of desync issue when server and/or client cannot keep up with each other.
Old 2013-05-24, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Eggy
Sergeant

It deffinately linked to high pop fights.
I get this bug all the time.

I also get the bug where my weapon just stops firing. Im pressing fire and it just stops. I press again and 1 round comes out and then stops again. Had it on HA, Engi and on The Vulcan, which as you can imagine is annoying.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion