What we know about Beta. - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with forcasts for Searhus!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-27, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: What we know about Beta.

I actually wouldn't be suprised if they are sending out beta keys to vets this/next week. No because the beta starts then, but seeing that the beta key you get in PC gamer only puts you on the piority list. I wouldn't be suprised if it goes the same way for us.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
I actually wouldn't be suprised if they are sending out beta keys to vets this/next week. No because the beta starts then, but seeing that the beta key you get in PC gamer only puts you on the piority list. I wouldn't be suprised if it goes the same way for us.
That's if we even get keys.

I think it's more likely, as we've opted in by signing up for the beta, that well just get an email asking us to confirm our participation and then that's it. Our account can then log in and play.

Or I hope so anyway, if some random pc gamer person gets in before me I will throw my toys out of the pram.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Where's my beta?.....
Old 2012-02-28, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
That's if we even get keys.

I think it's more likely, as we've opted in by signing up for the beta, that well just get an email asking us to confirm our participation and then that's it. Our account can then log in and play.

Or I hope so anyway, if some random pc gamer person gets in before me I will throw my toys out of the pram.
Same, I've been subscribed for 7 months to make sure I got into beta ASAP. Played a bit, but the sub was mostly to ensure beta.
Old 2012-02-28, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Same, I've been subscribed for 7 months to make sure I got into beta ASAP. Played a bit, but the sub was mostly to ensure beta.
Mmmm.

It would be nice if we knew how people were being accepted. I'm still not 100% on how this priority system works, or even what it means. Or why PC Gamer keys are 'Priority' keys.

Priority over what? People that sign up?
Old 2012-02-28, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
BloodySoul
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Not to bust your bubble or anything, but a 7 month sub would put you with the priority people that got the mags. So you would still be after the vets, thus lowering your chances on getting in. Unless of course you ARE a vet and just re-subbed thinking you had to for Beta. xD

And even with that said, not all the vets will get in either... I would assume the server would be generally small since I heard it wont be an everyday Beta, but a 1-2 days a week Beta.

Last edited by BloodySoul; 2012-02-28 at 02:10 PM.
Old 2012-02-28, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by BloodySoul View Post
Not to bust your bubble or anything, but a 7 month sub would put you with the priority people that got the mags. So you would still be after the vets, thus lowering your chances on getting in. Unless of course you ARE a vet and just re-subbed thinking you had to for Beta. xD

And even with that said, not all the vets will get in either... I would assume the server would be generally small since I heard it wont be an everyday Beta, but a 1-2 days a week Beta.
They have said everyone will get into beta but numbers will be initially low(ish) and build up over time.

I've seen nothing that suggests the beta key from the magazine will get priority over any other beta priority.
Old 2012-02-28, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by BloodySoul View Post

Been playing since summer of '06 would hope that would qualify me as a veteran.

And we didn't know that everyone who has ever had a sub would be qualified for beta, hence subscribing when PS2 was announced.
Old 2012-02-28, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I've created this thread that contains everything we know about beta. Please resist the urge to create new threads on this topic

PlanetSide 1 Players, Fan Faire 2011 attendees and PC Gamer Keys will have first access to beta once it begins.

Via Twitter

Via Twitter

Via PSU Forums

Please do not create additional threads on this topic. If folks have questions I will see if I can raise attention to this thread to get some answers.
according to this, you could have a 6 year old account or a 6 second old account, your getting in. never read anything that said there was a time gradient favoring players who played longer.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Shanesan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ragefighter View Post
according to this, you could have a 6 year old account or a 6 second old account, your getting in. never read anything that said there was a time gradient favoring players who played longer.
It doesn't say you're getting in. It says that you have the POTENTIAL of getting in. You simply have priority.

Everyone who is currently put into the beta list that either
1) Has a key from Fan Faire
2) Has a key from PC Gamer
3) Signed up with their old Planetside Account

Has an EQUAL, PRIORITY CHANCE of getting into beta.

Those who have simply signed up for beta have NORMAL CHANCE of getting into beta.

That's it. That's all she wrote. That's what it means.
Old 2012-02-29, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Crator
Major General

PlanetSide 1 Players, Fan Faire 2011 attendees and PC Gamer Keys will have first access to beta once it begins.
^^^ Uh, I don't see anywhere there that says you have the potential of getting in beta. It actually does say you are getting into beta (See highlighted quote above)...
Old 2012-02-29, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
It doesn't say you're getting in. It says that you have the POTENTIAL of getting in. You simply have priority.

Everyone who is currently put into the beta list that either
1) Has a key from Fan Faire
2) Has a key from PC Gamer
3) Signed up with their old Planetside Account

Has an EQUAL, PRIORITY CHANCE of getting into beta.

Those who have simply signed up for beta have NORMAL CHANCE of getting into beta.

That's it. That's all she wrote. That's what it means.
yes sorry, this is what I meant by 'getting in'.

Basically of those 3 options they all carry the same 'weight' and have the same chance to gain beta access. given the known info at this time.

been a bit sleep deprived lately.
Old 2012-02-29, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
BloodySoul
Corporal

I was pretty sure smedly was working on getting the e-mails out to the vets before the FF people and the PC Gamer people get their chance to get in beta. I know at the end of the day its pretty much leveled out due to how small the beta will be starting as. Honestly everything seems to be a giant game of ping-pong atm and its just getting confusing. They need to just open the Beta already and then everything will be settled. lol
Old 2012-03-03, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Don't know if any one has mentioned this yet but I now know we will be able to test out all 3 empires from one account in the beta and we will be able to submit ideas for weapon balancing based on this. Now if the noob hammer is too powerful everyone will have the power to both shoot it and be shot by it so they will know its limitations and its power.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Atuday View Post
Don't know if any one has mentioned this yet but I now know we will be able to test out all 3 empires from one account in the beta and we will be able to submit ideas for weapon balancing based on this. Now if the noob hammer is too powerful everyone will have the power to both shoot it and be shot by it so they will know its limitations and its power.
Makes a lot of sense, but if you don't mind, source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion