News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wanna see my jackhammer? :brow:
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-19, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #256
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

were going to see customization soon! at about 2:40 he clicks the customization button but then it cuts to more night fighting. so we know he has the footage.
Old 2012-05-19, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
2. I see that there are A thru F markers showing the capture points of the base we're in. I see that they light up when you are on one, but what about when the enemy is on one? Can we possibly get a voiceover notification, something that might say "Capture Point B has been neutralized/lost!"?
I am sure that will be in the final game, it's too simple not to be.
Old 2012-05-19, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I think it was the first time Totalbiscuit died, did anyone see the "Custom Loadout 01" dropdown around 2:36? Does that mean we get to choose what's inside our inventory like PS1?

Now that I think about it, that's probably just gun type choice.

Last edited by Aaron; 2012-05-19 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2012-05-19, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #259
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I am sure that will be in the final game, it's too simple not to be.
Battlefailed 3 failed to put it in...

Also, what did you think of the other one? If that Empire Relative Strength indicator shows the people only with 1-2 kilometers, you'll instantly know how strong of an enemy force is approaching without even looking.

IF that is what that indicator is, would we really want that?
Old 2012-05-19, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
FireStormNova
Corporal

Thank you for this footage, It is !@#$%^ AWSOME and its still in ALFA!
When its ready it will blow the other online shooters out of the water!
Please get some great advertising for the game befor launch time!
Old 2012-05-19, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #261
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Evil Redrum View Post
I was wondering if/when someone would notice that.
I noticed that too. The new design really is A+. Great job on that.
Old 2012-05-19, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #262
Mechzz
Major

Oh, Oh, Squee!

Did anyone else notice the "Magburner". It looks like an afterburner for the Magrider! He mentions it too when he jumps on the cleggy's lightning.

That may change the picture a bit in terms of the survivability of the magrider?
Old 2012-05-19, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #263
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Oh, Oh, Squee!

Did anyone else notice the "Magburner". It looks like an afterburner for the Magrider! He mentions it too when he jumps on the cleggy's lightning.

That may change the picture a bit in terms of the survivability of the magrider?
I wouldn't be surprised if other vehicles have that. This, too, is something that Battlefailed 3 vehicles have. For ground vehicles, it's called, believe it or not : "sprint".
Old 2012-05-19, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #264
Mechzz
Major

I wouldn't be surprised if other vehicles have that. This, too, is something that Battlefailed 3 vehicles have. For ground vehicles, it's called, believe it or not : "sprint".
Didn't know that. I haven't managed to play BF3 for more than about 30 mins and not yet been in vehicle even.

tbh I can see the magburner being empire-specific and the TR and NC not having it.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #265
Graywolves
General

Also, what did you think of the other one? If that Empire Relative Strength indicator shows the people only with 1-2 kilometers, you'll instantly know how strong of an enemy force is approaching without even looking.

In PS1 you could see what each empire's population was on the entire continent. It showed it in percentages but if you knew how much you had you could tell how many of the other empire there was.

There was also a tactical overlay you could put on the map which showed strength presence in each grid by color and its intensity.

Facilities would also have alert levels based on how many enemy platoons were inside the SOI.

I think it's good to have an idea if you have too small a force in an area so other players know that they are needed there. As long as sneaky people aren't instantly visible I think it's good to have some kind of an indicator.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #266
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

I'm NOT 100% sure, but I think that the empirebars show how much "control" each faction has of the base in the imidiate vicinity, unless I totally misunderstood what you meant, in which case I'm sorry and disregard what I said.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #267
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
I'm NOT 100% sure, but I think that the empirebars show how much "control" each faction has of the base in the imidiate vicinity, unless I totally misunderstood what you meant, in which case I'm sorry and disregard what I said.
It could be that, actually, but I have a feeling that it actually represents the number of players per empire in the hex you're standing in. i.e., if there are 100 VS and 10 TR, the TR bar will be at 1 tick, and the VS bar would be at 10 ticks/maxxed out.

The reason I think I'm right is because you can directly see who has control of what by looking at the A through F indicators, since we have them there would be no need for another base control indicator.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-19 at 02:03 PM.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #268
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Im almost positive you are correct, those bars I believe indicate how close you are to either capturing or successfully defending a zone. I don't think it has anything to do with population.
Old 2012-05-19, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #269
Purple
Sergeant Major

It could be that, actually, but I have a feeling that it actually represents the number of players per empire in the hex you're standing in. i.e., if there are 100 VS and 10 TR, the TR bar will be at 1 tick, and the VS bar would be at 10 ticks/maxxed out.

The reason I think I'm right is because you can directly see who has control of what by looking at the A through F indicators, since we have them there would be a need for another base control indicator.
if that is the case i wonder if clockers are counted? if your the only NC in a hex full of TR there going to know that your there.

Last edited by Purple; 2012-05-19 at 02:03 PM.
Old 2012-05-19, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #270
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
if that is the case i wonder if clockers are counted? if your the only NC in a hex full of TR there going to know that your there.
Good question. I noticed that at one point when there were only players from two empires, the third empire's line disappeared. Again, assuming that I'm right about what that thing was. That means if cloakers are counted, just being in a hex will cause your empire's line to appear. I think your line should always be there, and that it should take at least 5-6 guys to trigger that first hex mark to appear.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion