Will some classes/playstyles be more resource intensive? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Harry's a pothead and the Sourcerer's stoned.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-02, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Piper
First Sergeant

Will some classes/playstyles be more resource intensive?

Sure this has been asked/speculated about before as well but er....blah.

Just curious if anyone has spotted a dev' saying something about this please.

When you click on a class from here Classes and look at what they might be getting it feels to me like (assuming ACES are resource based and can't think why they wouldn't be) Engineers and non sniper Infil's will be using a lot more resources in their day to day than say a Heavy Assault.

Yes I know, wait for Beta. But just curious if anyone else has had this pop into their head, if it turns out to be an issue (for those that really like to play one way and not have to "farm" resources on a non favoured class) I'm not sure what they could do about it. Maybe refund the cost of any unused consumables on death?

Last edited by Piper; 2012-08-02 at 04:14 PM.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Noctis
Staff Sergeant

Re: Will some classes/playstyles be more resource intensive?

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Sure this has been asked/speculated about before as well but er....blah.

Just curious if anyone has spotted a dev' saying something about this please.

When you click on a class from here Classes and look at what they might be getting it feels to me like (assuming ACES are resource based and can't think why they wouldn't be) Engineers and non sniper Infil's will be using a lot more resources in their day to day than say a Heavy Assault.

Yes I know, wait for Beta. But just curious if anyone else has had this pop into their head, if it turns out to be an issue (for those that really like to play one way and not have to "farm" resources on a non favoured class) I'm not sure what they could do about it. Maybe refund the cost of any unused consumables on death?
I only think the most resource intensive thing are vehicles.
About granades and such you will not lose them once you die I think, but for sure a well equipped char is better then one with basic layout, it can equip mines granades and more
Old 2012-08-02, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
you will not lose them once you die I think
Ok, that works as a solution too of course. Thanks.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Noctis
Staff Sergeant

I don't think it would break the NDA telling somebody how's handled at this time, uhm
Old 2012-08-02, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
I don't think it would break the NDA telling somebody how's handled at this time, uhm
unless higby stated it, or we can see it in a video it would. sicne as far as i know you have to be able to play the game to see if it costs anything, and if your playing....

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-08-02, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

I think if you're spamming grenades it'll definitely add up. Assuming that Mines, Boomers, and Med Kits also cost resources the same applies to them. While all classes have access to disposable resources (I assume) I can definitely see certain play-styles costing more resources, and some classes will likely be used for those play-styles more than others... but that isn't really a problem with the class in general being more expensive (except maybe MAX obviously) just that they are the preferred class(es) for that method of play.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Liwen Diamond
Corporal

I think Outfits specializing in heavy armor mobilization and air support (aka tanks or/and aircrafts) are gonna be the ones feeling the ressource drain the most. Then again maybe not, depends how long they stay alive.

Overall I think they want to make it high risk high reward. Spawning a tons of vehicules or MAXs might cost you more but has to potential to secure you a huge chunk of additionnal territory, which in return gives you back more ressources over time. This also means people favoring a more economic playstyle are less likely to gain territory than those who do.

How I'd deal with it : When you have the ressources, use them. Letting them sit there is a waste and any RTS vet would tell you that's how most battles are lost. When you have expended them all, switch to a lost cost playstyle until you get them back. This also means planning you certs into at least two playstyles.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sephirex
Major

So much for my "Grenade Lord" build.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
So much for my "Grenade Lord" build.
Yeah, what's the point of flying a mosquito up to a high cliff if you can't chuck 900 grenades off of it?

WHAT GIVES
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion