harrasser proves dedicated driver is great - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What a cute little beamer you have there.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-03, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Perhaps, but they will not replace the requested crewed MBTs and will not solve the problem we're dealing with right now.
which is why I suggested a new tank to fill the roll, I don't see them changing the current MBT setup and I think you knocking your heads against a wall asking for it, there's just to many people who like it as is. Me being one of them but instead of just saying NO, I tried to come up with an alternative that could work.

I know some people aren't happy with the current MBT vs Lightnings but I do see loads of people playing with the Light and enjoying it as it though maybe it could also use some new gear to make it more appealing to soloists also?

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-03 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Bags
Lieutenant General

the magrider is hella fun to drive
Old 2013-05-03, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
which is why I suggested a new tank to fill the roll,
It's pointless. The current MBT has too much firepower to make a new tank more powerful. It would require almost triple the endurance to be fairly balanced to the other MBTs and that would greatly upset the balance with other units. These sort of solutions only create new balancing problems and should therefore not be looked at, certainly not before the MBT is balanced properly (and I do hold the position that the only way that can be done fairly is my way).

People should stop trying to use firepower as balance, unless they nerf the hell out of the current MBTs weaponry, which isn't likely. The current MBT (and I'd add, the Lightning's) firepower is balanced for a multicrew unit. Yes, the Lightning is OP right now in terms of firepower. At least, in the hands of someone who knows what a reticule does.

I don't see them changing the current MBT setup and I think you knocking your heads against a wall asking for it, there's just to many people who like it as is. Me being one of them but instead of just saying NO, I tried to come up with an alternative that could work.
I'll keep saying NO because there aren't any alternatives. There simply aren't any. What you are suggesting is a placebo bandaid. Not an actual alternative. It sounds like it solves it, but in fact it doesn't address any of the balancing reasons for crewed MBTs and is therefore a moot suggestion.

I know some people aren't happy with the current MBT vs Lightnings but I do see loads of people playing with the Light and enjoying it as it though maybe it could also use some new gear to make it more appealing to soloists also?
Of course people play Lightnings whenever they're on a timer or MBTs aren't available due to not having a Tech Plant. But that doesn't mean they pick it OVER the MBT, just because they CANNOT pick the solo-MBT at that point.

Observing Lightnings being used is therefore also completely uninteresting, because it has NOTHING to do with the arguments and reasonings mentioned here!

I don't care for anyone who says they like the current situation. Liking something you use yourself is never an indication of it being appropriately balanced, so it's a worthless argument to stop it from getting rebalanced.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-05-03 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Canaris
Contributor
General

It's pointless. The current MBT has too much firepower to make a new tank more powerful. It would require almost triple the endurance to be fairly balanced to the other MBTs and that would greatly upset the balance with other units. These sort of solutions only create new balancing problems and should therefore not be looked at, certainly not before the MBT is balanced properly (and I do hold the position that the only way that can be done fairly is my way).

People should stop trying to use firepower as balance, unless they nerf the hell out of the current MBTs weaponry, which isn't likely. The current MBT (and I'd add, the Lightning's) firepower is balanced for a multicrew unit. Yes, the Lightning is OP right now in terms of firepower. At least, in the hands of someone who knows what a reticule does.

I'll keep saying NO because there aren't any alternatives. There simply aren't any. What you are suggesting is a placebo bandaid. Not an actual alternative. It sounds like it solves it, but in fact it doesn't address any of the balancing reasons for crewed MBTs and is therefore a moot suggestion.

Of course people play Lightnings whenever they're on a timer or MBTs aren't available due to not having a Tech Plant. But that doesn't mean they pick it OVER the MBT, just because they CANNOT pick the solo-MBT at that point.

Observing Lightnings being used is therefore also completely uninteresting, because it has NOTHING to do with the arguments and reasonings mentioned here!

I don't care for anyone who says they like the current situation. Liking something you use yourself is never an indication of it being appropriately balanced, so it's a worthless argument to stop it from getting rebalanced.
you see though I can just flip that arguement and say, you've not convinced me it's unbalanced just because you don't like it.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-03 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
moosepoop
Captain

It's pointless. The current MBT has too much firepower to make a new tank more powerful.

crewed heavy tanks doesnt neccessarily need to have more firepower, it just has armor because it has more people inside. it can even have less dps than standard mbts.

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
I absolutely adore the harasser. The problem I'm seeing with a dedicated MBT driver verses the Harasser is that it simply is not fun.

it used to be not fun because of rear armor. tanks can only go forward or back. with the rear armor buff tanks can now do a lot more daring and exciting maneuvers. if its combined with a dedicated driver, it can open up a lot of possibilities.

which is why I suggested a new tank to fill the roll, I don't see them changing the current MBT setup and I think you knocking your heads against a wall asking for it, there's just to many people who like it as is. Me being one of them but instead of just saying NO, I tried to come up with an alternative that could work.
i think introducing a new crewed super heavy tank is probably the most possible outcome. its the only direction for the power creep, and the best way to get more sales from tank lovers. we know SOE wants to reintroduce bfrs in the near future, or some kind of super vehicle that resembles bfrs. this can be the chance to satisfy both fans and SOE.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-03 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Figment
Lieutenant General

you see though I can just flip that arguement and say, you've not convinced me it's unbalanced just because you don't like it.
No you can't. Because then you would not have listened to anything I've said and you'd just be a really poor troll.

Unlike the people who are pro solo mbt, I've brought up tons of balance arguments with other units, group balance and balancing within units and very little has to do with personal preference, hardly anything really. Unlike the solo-mbt people, I'm also not denying any playstyle or gameplay, nor am I upsetting any form of gameplay. On the other hand EVERY SINGLE ARGUMENT IN FAVOUR OF SOLO MBTS IS ABOUT PERSONAL WANT. Every. Single. One.

Don't make stupid statements Canaris, it doesn't become you. You can't turn this around and you know it.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-05-03 at 12:38 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
moosepoop
Captain

No you can't. Because then you would not have listened to anything I've said and you'd just be a really poor troll.

Unlike the people who are pro solo mbt, I've brought up tons of balance arguments with other units and very little has to do with preference, hardly anything really. On the other hand EVERY SINGLE ARGUMENT IN FAVOUR OF SOLO MBTS IS ABOUT PERSONAL WANT. Every. Single. One.

Don't make stupid statements Canaris, it doesn't become you.
why you attacking him? hes on your side bro.

you do make a vital point about soloers. its about personal want and advancing their personal power.

personal sacrifice and teamwork is the heart and soul of planetside 2. compromise this and the game falls apart.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-03 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Something tells me that the "heavy" tanks they are working on are going to have 3 seats, and one will be a devoted driver.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-05-03, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
why you attacking him? hes on your side bro.
1. It's not an attack, it's a counter to his counter attempt.
2. He's not on my side, he's on the "solo-mbt + placebo tank if you really want one" side. If he were on my side, he'd be going all out to remove solo-mbts and couldn't possibly like them.

It may sound arrogant, but there really is no alternative possible that includes the current MBT. If you'd do the maths, you'd understand.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-05-03 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
FTFY. That gun is worthless.
Well you have to realise it's a long ranged Grenade Launcher capable of damaging both Infantry and Armor, not just a slow firing Machine Gun...
That's why I can actually get kills with the Lasher; you don't aim at the Emeny, just his feet!

Perhaps, but they will not replace the requested crewed MBTs and will not solve the problem we're dealing with right now.
Well to be fair this would be AFTER switching the Driver's Gun Control, so 1/2 MBTs could either MOVE or SHOOT the Main Cannon, or have to buy a proper Anti-Armor Secondary to do both and STILL be less effective then the same 2/2 Tank.

Unlike the people who are pro solo mbt, I've brought up tons of balance arguments with other units, group balance and balancing within units and very little has to do with personal preference, hardly anything really. Unlike the solo-mbt people, I'm also not denying any playstyle or gameplay, nor am I upsetting any form of gameplay. On the other hand EVERY SINGLE ARGUMENT IN FAVOUR OF SOLO MBTS IS ABOUT PERSONAL WANT. Every. Single. One.
Indeed, these Solo-MBTs apparently have never flown a Galaxy, Liberator, or driven a Sunderer.
Why does the Liberator, the Aircraft equivalent to an MBT, need a Belly Gunner to be most effective while the Tank can go Solo?

2. He's not on my side, he's on the "solo-mbt + placebo tank if you really want one" side. If he were on my side, he'd be going all out to remove solo-mbts and couldn't possibly like them.

It may sound arrogant, but there really is no alternative possible that includes the current MBT. If you'd do the maths, you'd understand.
Indeed man, another Tank isn't going to fix this problem Moose, we need to fix the ones we have so that each has their own advantages and disadvantages!
Old 2013-05-03, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yup, it's math and totally not personal preference.

Your subjective math supports your subjective possition that two-man tanks are better.

One man tanks = more tanks = more fun. Did the math, my side came out on top. Sorry to be arrogant.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
moosepoop
Captain

One man tanks = more tanks = more fun. Did the math, my side came out on top. Sorry to be arrogant.
we are not enemies, bro. solo powerful vehicle spam isnt good for anyone.

when im part of tank zergs we just steamroll thru everything, i dont even have anything to kill, i just wait outside the spawn for 5 min. nobody wants to fight me, they just run to biolab. that aint fun.

my prowler is maxed out in everything bro. i still find ps1 tanks more fun.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-03 at 01:16 PM.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
moosepoop
Captain

it seems to me he realizes SOE is not likely gonna change the mbt. too many soloers have grown "attached" to the tanks. i would like crewed mbts, but i realize this is unfeasible. the best might be have both for everyone, hence introducing a heavy tank.

sure there is. they can nerf the mbts, put mbt bundle on sale one week before, then introduce op heavy tank with dedicated driver.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Whiteagle
Major

One man Main Battle tanks = more Main Battle tanks =Armor Steamrolls that leave Attackers bored and Defenders quiting out of frustration.
FTFY...
Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
it seems to me he realizes SOE is not likely gonna change the mbt. too many soloers have grown "attached" to the tanks. i would like crewed mbts, but i realize this is unfeasible. the best might be have both for everyone, hence introducing a heavy tank.
No, the Devs just have blatantly ignored the possibility, even back in Beta when we were telling them this was going to be a BIG problem...
The only reason it's "Infeasible" is that they screwed it up to begin with!
Old 2013-05-03, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Hamma
PSU Admin

Be nice everyone.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion